Price check...looking for my first Toyota (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Debating on a Gen 3 4Runner or an 80-series Land Cruiser for a project. Plans are just to have for short trips, camping, mild off-roading. Found a nice looking (in pictures at least) 2000 4R locally with a nice list of work that's been done including:

New belts including timing belt
New brakes and stainless lines
Front output seal
Camshaft seal
Valve cover gasket
Thermostat
Crankshaft front seal
New fuel lines
Air filter
Adjustable track bars
New steering rack and pinion
3" lift
New clutch
New radiator
New master cylinders
New rear main seal
New exhaust
New wheel bearings
New alternator
New rear wheel seals

Supposedly has all receipts and documentation of the work done. No frame rust and has been reinforced. Needs new tires. No other issues.

Thoughts on a fair price to expect to pay?

Miles? Photos? Could be a $6K or a $12K vehicle.

No frame rust and has been reinforced

No 3rd gen frame needs 'reinforcing' unless it rusted out - you need to find out what this phrase means.

230k miles.

Screenshot_20240327_132829_Facebook.jpg

Also, I asked about the frame so waiting for a response. Sale thread says no rust but I'll see what they say about why it's reinforced.

I paid 7300 for a bone stock 2000 MultiMode 4wd Limited with 170k for my 15yo recently.
1711803968370.jpeg

8EF4D2B1-880D-45A9-A909-4915C41B3C96.jpeg

4247870E-FE32-4B26-B1EC-BDD4BDB52957.jpeg

Miles? Photos? Could be a $6K or a $12K vehicle.

No frame rust and has been reinforced

No 3rd gen frame needs 'reinforcing' unless it rusted out - you need to find out what this phrase means.
So, seems there was frame rust that was repaired. For their $16k asking price with a repaired, I passed.

I paid 7300 for a bone stock 2000 MultiMode 4wd Limited with 170k for my 15yo recently.
Yeah, there's a handful of good looking stock trucks here for decent prices. I was interested the one I posted about mostly because of the maintenance stuff done to it plus the extras like the lift, bumpers, wheels....stuff I'd be doing to a stock one anyway.

Just giving you a baseline reference. A modified one is worth whatever someone will pay IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom