Powder Coating in Austin? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

RevISK

SILVER Star
Threads
Picked up some wheels for my tundra and looking at PC options around town. Does anyone have any recommendations or “stay away from that place” thoughts on the matter?

Thanks,
Ian

Commercial Services on Avenue N. I had them media blast my bumper, and others said they did a great job with PC.

A little more info in this thread:

Their website:

Rad y cool..

Plenty of good options in town, I’ve had Austin Powder Coating coat a number of things for me, from bike frames to wheels, and I’ve never had the slightest issue. They even handled taping off the bearing surfaces, and such. Very professional.

Austin Powder Coating.

They have an IG with plenty of examples of their work if you want to peruse that.

Austin Powder Coating IG

Appreciate the replies. Curious if you remember what wheels cost to PC? I will call in the morning to see what turnaround and pricing is.
The bummer is that I have a friend in Albuquerque who owns a huge coating biz who would do it for free but I think shipping might be the b!tch.

Ian

Plenty of good options in town, I’ve had Austin Powder Coating coat a number of things for me, from bike frames to wheels, and I’ve never had the slightest issue. They even handled taping off the bearing surfaces, and such. Very professional.

Austin Powder Coating.

They have an IG with plenty of examples of their work if you want to peruse that.

Austin Powder Coating IG
+1 for Austin Powder Coating

If I remember right they weren’t the cheapest but they extremely easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and were able to improve on the lead time they gave me by a couple of weeks.

Appreciate the replies. Curious if you remember what wheels cost to PC? I will call in the morning to see what turnaround and pricing is.
The bummer is that I have a friend in Albuquerque who owns a huge coating biz who would do it for free but I think shipping might be the b!tch.

Ian
Ian, may want to look into Mudship in case someone is headed to the NM area

Ian, may want to look into Mudship in case someone is headed to the NM area
That is an interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion.

That is an interesting idea, thanks for the suggestion.
Many folks may be going there or nearby for the holidays/skiing, etc

+1 for Austin Powder Coating

If I remember right they weren’t the cheapest but they extremely easy to work with, very knowledgeable, and were able to improve on the lead time they gave me by a couple of weeks.
yeah, I went to them the first time to do a bike frame I was building for my Son, and they steered me right on some color choices that were less than optimal on my part. It came out flawless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom