Post your wheeling damage pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hells Revenge rearranged my rear bumper. The right side swing arm isn’t quite level anymore (it’s aiming a bit up from the left side), the right side is obviously lower, and the whole thing is shifted about 1/2” right (the tailgate almost hits the left arm when open now). I’m hoping there’s some left-right adjustment I can make when I get home, as well as jacking up that corner, otherwise it means I must have bent the mounting brackets.
IMG_4806.jpeg

What part? Makes me glad I bailed on that one today.

The squeeze into where eagles dare, it sounded better than it looked lol. The crack ended up hurting my plastic bumper pretty bad as well, but I’m not giving up! The plastic bumper must remain! (And all the plastic tabs are still intact!)

IMG_0180-L.jpg

Golden Spike was no joke - I got lucky and made it up the waterfall on the center line, but there was a lot of winching to go around, a blown CV, and I think everyone took damage in some form. Without the 37s I would hate to see how much damage I would have taken.

Hells Revenge rearranged my rear bumper. The right side swing arm isn’t quite level anymore (it’s aiming a bit up from the left side), the right side is obviously lower, and the whole thing is shifted about 1/2” right (the tailgate almost hits the left arm when open now). I’m hoping there’s some left-right adjustment I can make when I get home, as well as jacking up that corner, otherwise it means I must have bent the mounting brackets.View attachment 3612553
After some additional inspection when I got home, the right side is definitely bent upwards a bit. Trying to figure out how to straighten this. Looks like a rock snagged the bottom and pulled it outward, which seems to have twisted the right side upwards a bit. It’s definitely bent above and to the left of the trailer plug

I tried a BFH but couldn’t hit it hard enough to flatten it again. I don’t know if I have ratchet straps strong enough to bend this back, or even where to attach them to straighten it… maybe if I remove the trailer plug I can hook into that hole but I don’t want to bend that area.

Also tried just loosening some of the bolts to see if I could adjust the bumper mounting to compensate. Didn’t really help. I’m open to ideas if anyone has any, otherwise I may need to find a body shop. I don’t really care about the gap/twist but it’s shifted about 1/2” right which makes tailgate clearance on the left swing REALLY close - if I’m on a slope leaning passenger the tailgate will hit the swing, though on flat land it’s ok

IMG_4865.jpeg

IMG_4867.jpeg

I wouldn't pull on the trailer connector hole either, it will deform. Maybe tack weld a hook plate at the best spot, then come-a-long connected to the rear axle or frame.

I wouldn't pull on the trailer connector hole either, it will deform. Maybe tack weld a hook plate at the best spot, then come-a-long connected to the rear axle or frame.
D’oh. As soon as you used the word weld, it’s beyond me. That does seem like the best option though (probably using the frame crossmember above the axle)

Remove swing arms and then back into a rigid barrier at slow speed. Gradually "bump" it with more and more force (speed). Perhaps use a chunk of wood to localize force to the lower portion (below trailer harness plug).
Would at as a bigger BFH.

Remove swing arms and then back into a rigid barrier at slow speed. Gradually "bump" it with more and more force (speed). Perhaps use a chunk of wood to localize force to the lower portion (below trailer harness plug).
Would at as a bigger BFH.
I’ve considered this. I did try to aim for landing on a rock to adjust but kept missing them :). I may try it but I suspect it’ll muck up the mounting point or snap those bolts before actually fixing it.

Well, dang....

_RX10862.JPG

Yeah, it's small, but still. Need to see what I can find to clean it up to prevent corrosion. No mark on the tire. I have never dinged a rim off-road without some mark on the tire.

Well, dang....

View attachment 3617239
Yeah, it's small, but still. Need to see what I can find to clean it up to prevent corrosion. No mark on the tire. I have never dinged a rim off-road without some mark on the tire.

It's aluminum. It's not going to rust.

Well, dang....

View attachment 3617239
Since it’s basically scrap metal now I’ll give you $5 shipped to Colorado!

All jokes aside, first ones the worst. Just wear the trail damage as honor!

Since it’s basically scrap metal now I’ll give you $5 shipped to Colorado!

All jokes aside, first ones the worst. Just wear the trail damage as honor!
Yeah, the first rim ding is the worst. You should have seen the rims on my Tundra. What a mess they were. I still find it odd that there is no mark on the tire.

The scrapes on my Tundra rims started to show a bit of corrosion after a while so I think I will just clean the ding and put some clear coat on it.

Well, dang....

View attachment 3617239
Time for Rock Warriors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom