Post your dumb, excessive or personalized and unique mods (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

well i do now. all of this time. . .

If it is round, is it still and air "box"?:hmm:

A round box for a top hat is still a box.
I could be wrong, happened once before.

Here's another one, which I forgot about until I crawled under the 100 today to change the oil. Using a silver Sharpie, I wrote down the bolt sizes for the oil filter cover (pictured), oil drain plug cover, and oil drain plug on the covers/frame. Now, there's no guessing and/or trial and error.
At first it looks silly to me but I realize I should do the same on my snow blower (Ariens)
It's even worth for me as I'm not able to determine what is higher or smaller than something written like 7/16 or 5/8
On a metric thing I'm able to take the good wrench without hesitation and it's ok 9 times of 10... I guess you're able to do the same with SAE... I'm jealous !:p

It is a 2uz, all the cruisers and LXs in Australia have the round air box

Very cool... probably a lot more surface area on the filter. Would you happen to have a pic of the filter by chance?

Here's my interior fishing pole rack and rear facing 4th row seats mounted on the tailgate.

1c74445f.jpg

bd0e9901.jpg

4th row has since been removed.

Here's mine. I could have gone with the $25 chinese version, but had to have the offroad bling. =)

75 bucks for this bad boy, at least its solid steel all the way through. . .
IMG00030-20101107-0801 (1).jpg

Could you get away with swapping out the airbox for a large round air filter like the one below that connects directly to the intake hose? Didn't know if it'd screw with the electronic sensors and whatnot.

5920d1194910181-question-installed-bhaf-bhaf01.jpg

Phil, dyno testing had pretty much proven that the the OEM airbox has very little restriction, and keeps the fuel trims as close to linear as possible. You could throw that filter on, sure...but it'd be kinda like the deckplate mod - lots of sound with little benefit, increased maintenance, and a seriously jacked up fuel trim.

But, if you do it, post pictures and tell us how it works out. I'm all about modding vicariously through others. :cool:

Last edited:
there is an aggie joke in there somewhere...

(im an aggie)

I installed the factory Bug deflector because I kept getting keeps in the paint on the hood. But when I washed my car, I noticed all the water running down the hood and getting stuck between the bug deflector and hood weather stripping.

So I drilled some drainage holes in the bottom of the bug deflector.

6746823819_0212b86c5c_z.jpg

And more anal than that, I had rust developing between the frame undercoating and frame. So I used an angle grinder, brushes, synthetic steel wool, Eastwood Rust Converter, Rust Encapsulator, and Chassis Paint to repaint the underbody.

6794075985_f88788da76_z.jpg

I also put tiny tan felt pads on the corner of the seat belt buckle to stop them from rubbing and squeaking against the leather. No pic of that one.

there is an aggie joke in there somewhere...(im an aggie)
Ha, ha!
Born and raised in College Station...whole Aggie family still there.

See avatar for personalized mod...who else do you know that has a 5Runner.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom