Please..can we go back to nice Dash Plaques? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Appreciated, pics pulled either way. If a board member wishes to see them pm me and I'll send you the hyperlink to them.

I am in contact with our original vendor about the quality of this year's plaque. We've never had an issue with them before & we've been using the same vendor for over 5 years. As soon as I've been able to fully discuss the issue with them & have a resolution, I will post back up.

I asked on the BOD conference call if we could get someone to look after the plaques. In the past, we have had a difficult time making the artwork and getting them made on time. When we made one for every member the cost was close to $5K. So, the BOD agreed to offer folks an extra sticker instead and then we only made about 1000. That saved us a lot of money and we had plenty extra. Unfortunately, no one on the call volunteered.

If one of you is motivated to figure what type of plaque is best and cost it out for 1000 units , then go for it. Jeff Murrah will appreciate the input. I really get distressed if there's an implication that someone is to blame for the 2011 plaque. I want to publicly THANK Shane and Brian for keeping this thread clear and constructive. I completely agree that dash plaques are important to some of our members and I think we need someone to help insure that our product is the best it can be. I also want to thank Jeff Murrah for noting that the dash plaques are for inside use and that we need to think about making some outside badges or plates.

No bad words toward anyone. I think very few people know what quality is needed and how much that will cost. TLCA needs one of you experienced folks to volunteer to run this issue to ground.
Thanks in advance,
Happy Trails! N

Missed all of that until today when i got my 2012 renewal and could not find my 2011 dashplaque in the envelope.......:doh:

I emailed Jennifer and she enlightend me that they are available but need to be extra ordered at the TLCA shop for 3 $.

So i will have to order one now and add some extra $ for postage to Germany. :rolleyes:

Could it be an option that you make a nice crossmark somewhere on that renewal sheet and get that thing for some extra $ but with the usual letter that you get anyway?

I was also surprised that the plaques are not part of the renewal package. On all my plaques, I remove the sticky tape and glue magnetic sheet to the back side and place them on my fridge. I keep one in the cruiser with 1/8" thick high strength magnetic tape that I use as a map holder (McMaster-Carr sells by the foot).

As a multiyear member, I'd like to see them resurrected as a renewal package. Aluminum, of course.

These were my favorite style....the 1992 plaque is still on the glove box door of my FJ40 and has survived a hard life...

Oops...

ForumRunner_20120105_091059.jpg
ForumRunner_20120105_091059.jpg

ditto here. i have all my dash plaques from the beginning...they've been moved vehicle to vehicle.

Cool to hear the idea's still being played with.

What ever happened with it anyhow? Is there something still in the works for this year? :popcorn:

Also, thanks for not shooting the messenger everyone. ;)

There is a 2012 plaque being printed for this year & will be available for purchase in the store once completed.

I'll defer to Ross as to the exact meeting, but the BOD passed a motion last summer to drop the dash plaques from the membership packets and offer them in the store. The rationale was cost savings. It costs TLCA about $5000 to make dash plaques for everyone. Last year we bought $1000 worth of dash plaques and Jennifer reported we still have about 300 left. Jennifer was giving dash plaques to folks that requested them last year.

Our renewals are way down and Casey suggested we cut costs sooner rather than later. The BOD decided to move dash plaques to the store so that members can still get them if they want. Dash plaques are expensive to design and make, the general consensus was that few people collect them. Everyone realizes that plaques are very important to some folks, but there isn't enough demand to justify the cost. Allowing collectors to purchase a plaque seemed to be a practical compromise.

This action was discussed at two meetings as I recall. I believe the chapter delegates transmitted this info to their chapters. Jennifer has been explaining our cost cutting decision to individuals that contact her.

I hope that answers your question.
Happy Trails! N

So we don't get dash plaques as part of our dues any more? How was this communicated to membership?

It is also posted on the website.

There is a 2012 plaque being printed for this year & will be available for purchase in the store once completed.

Hoping you guys gave us a shot this year...Our Sponsorship discount is up to .30 off each dash plaque ordered. with lots of great free goodie bag stuffers

A high quality 3 color screen printed product for as little as .95 ea. for 500 or more.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the discussion....I do appreciate it.

Either way.....Have a great season! It's getting to be "that time" around here :)

Brian Genrich
Rallye Productions Inc.
262-544-1870 x112

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom