playtime for HENDOG (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Henry,

burn this picture into your brain!

Lever on the left is the hi-lo; the one on the right is 2-4.;)

CIMG0876.jpg

Tranny hump, now with hump gasket and sound deadening material installed:

CIMG0880.jpg

Getting real close now.

Jeep wiper motors are still a no-go.:frown:

Had a :idea: yesterday. Call it karma squared-except in this case it's of the round variety. HENDOG's turn signals wouldn't cancel. The canceller pin on the back side of his wheel had caught on the switch and shattered the portion of the back of the wheel that anchors it. Nonetheless, Henry said he would REALLY like to have his turn signals cancel.

I remembered that I had elected to disable my cancel mechanism on the karma cruiser [because I HAVE experienced having it 'catch' the turn signal mechanism and temporarily lock the wheel!:eek:] but that my wheel was still intact.

So I pulled it off. Sure enough, the hole was intact, canceller pin still intact [I had removed the rockers from the switch]

So I swapped wheels.:) Henry, you now have turn signals that cancel!:bounce:
While I was at it, I cut up the cap from a milk jug and made a :hillbilly: insulator for the horn contact. You now have a working horn too.;) Look out world!;p

See you Thursday, my brother from another mother.

p.s. still working on that spare tire. I think I finally have a 15x8 rim lined up.

So I gotta say a big Thank You:cheers: to Mark for going over our truck with a fine tooth comb! Its been at his shop since May. We have been waiting for the cooler weather to drive her back East to Atlanta, and I must say she is running like a sewing machine:wrench::wrench::wrench:!!! The Modern Conveniences He added for me are over the Top!!! Best of all no more gas fumes or hot engine air coming up through the Tunnel anymore, oh yes Rebuilt Steering system Top to Bottom ---Very responsive!!! We are enrote to the Southern Cruiser Crawl in Hot Springs AR:steer::steer::steer:

2013 Oct Dask Plaque.jpg

2013 Oct Haul'n Ass Tour.jpg

2013 Oct Crazy Couple.jpg

2013 Oct Red Truck Shirt.jpg

2013 Oct Cool Lunch Spot.jpg

Here The Scavengers were gathering hoping the old truck would die in Death Valley!!! We are all over the West Soaking in the sites. We pulled into Durango Tonight and snagged the last Room in the town---We had no idea the interest in Riding the Durango to Silverton Line, We are scheduled for the day after tomorrow on the train! Got the last two seats as well on the train. WOW what a trip!!! Truck is a little sluggish at 8000 feet! Any Mud Mechanics in Durango??? The Yellow type is for the changing Aspen Trees!:clap:

2013 Oct Death Valley Ravens.jpg

2013 Oct Utah Poster.jpg

2013 Oct Colorado.jpg

2013 Oct Welcome to Arizona.jpg

2013 Oct Elevation.jpg

WOW! The clouds in the Utah pic look surreal. Definitely postcard worthy! Looks like the weather is holding up real good too. Very VERY excited for you guys.

On the tech side, don't overthink it. Check the air filter.;)

Oh course we are asking a lot out of the old girl--But Hands down shes the best we have ever owned!!!!
We have sucked massive amounts of Desert Dust!!!! Train Ride Tommorow will post Pics, Ballons in Albuquerque NM--- Karma is definitely driving with Us. 1200 Miles so far. Snagged the last Motel room in Durango last night and the last two seats on the Train tomorrow... Dog Out---

A parting shot [I should have taken this in B&W] in front of the old post office in Darwin.

CIMG0922.JPG

Love my shirt!!!

Thanks NAPA---While changing the Air Filter I picked up a good American Made Lug Wrench also!!! Started running High Test, That seems to quiet the motor on the hills. We hit 12000' a few times the old girl just chugs along!!! Saw 25 Elk a big freaking Black Bear and several deer and a fox. Having the best time of our lives!!!

2013 Oct 11.jpg

2013 Oct 9.jpg

2013 Oct 4.jpg

2013 Oct 7.jpg

2013 Oct 5.jpg

Oh Yeah Check this out---To Weird!!!! Both occurred at the same time! Is this some sort of old school Engine Code???​

Dang it I can't find the picture- The GPS Miles for the Trip was 1 3 6 9 3 At the same time the pickups Odometer turned 1 2 3 4 5 6.​

2013Oct 1.jpg

My Face Hurts from Grinning from ear to ear!

Heres a picture of Scruffy Dog!!! No time to shave--Having to much fun!

2013 Oct Scruffy Dog.jpg

Hey Henry, love the photos of the trip!!!! I surely miss my little red truck, but I see it went to a good home and is getting used and making lifelong memories for you and your wife.

Be safe, take care and keep the photos coming!!!!!! :cool:

I never removed the writing on the inside of the caps, so yes Whitey is on his way back east!!!!! :D

I wonder if whitey is a long for the trip under those hubcaps:hmm: Awesome trip guys!

I can confirm that the writing was still on the hubcaps while it was in my backyard. I had forgotten about it, and when I pulled the first hubcap off, it made me smile.:)

Heres the latest from Colorado/New Mexico--- Still Running Strong Last night Misty Rain Then Hellacious Wind (MARIAH---Devil WIND) Coated my newly washed and RainXed Windshield---That sucked!!!---Think---NEW MEXICO DIRT--- no wipers no washers and DARK Outside!!!!

2013 Oct New Mexico.jpg

2013 Oct Cheap Gas.jpg

2013 Oct Steam Front.jpg

2013 Oct Steam Blast.jpg

2013 Oct Steam Train Cars.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom