Pewter/Silver trim paint code... (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi everyone,

I know there's allot of threads on this one , I have search and read my head off...

I'm looking for the correct paint code of the original grey trim color for my 1980 BJ42, I went to my paint supplier with a color sample from one of my side mirrors, but the color as faded and we couldn't match it! Plus toyota as so may shades of gray its stupid!

some makes reference to it as -> Ash Grey Metallic, Pewter, and T1434 but what is the correct paint code?

Here's the color code of my cruiser:

C / TR / A / TM
653 L P11 K 082 H 42

653 -> is the body paint which is olive-brown (and still available at paint suppliers)

P11 -> is the trim color (which we can't find!)

Help Please I need this in order to paint my newly fab. front bumper!

Thanks in Advance,

Yeh, I've searched too without luck. I think Landpimp had a color chart posted with it on, but the link's no longer good so we can't see it.

Bumper grey

Hi Madmarc!
I've painted recently bumper and bumperettes.The painter, at the local Toyota shop in Germany where I'm restoring my BJ, opted for the stock colour "Ash Grey Metallic", code Nr.145, if I'm not mistaken.See picts.

Although by Toyota authorised dealers restoration of 40s is a seldom sight, however they do have some experience, as mine is their third frame-off resto.
Anyway I'll check the Nr.
Cheers!:)

---------------
BJ42(1984 vintage),stock H55F (rebuilt), 2.5 inch OME KIt , no P/S,
4E9 Toyo beige
Resided814.JPG
Res893.JPG

I'm looking for the correct paint code of the original grey trim color for my 1980 BJ42

Edit: I deleted some wrong guesses here. Sounds like IDave has the real info below.

JTOutfitters sells it in spray cans. Maybe you could ask them, but I had spotty results contacting them.

653 -> is the body paint which is olive-brown (and still available at paint suppliers)

6xx is green. 653 is olive green.

Last edited:
Ah-ha! Lookie what I found stuck away on my hard drive:

"FWIW, the metallic silver paint commonly used on bumpers, brackets, glove box door, etc, is not "pewter." TLC4x4 uses Morton Stardust Silver for powder coating, and it is a decent match.

The correct Toyota codes are:

T1434 Metallic Gray (1968 and newer)
T46 Silver Tan Metallic (1967 and older--slightly darker)"

Thanks Greek and Dave, I will check with my paint supplier see if he as references for thoses codes!

Let you know in a bit...

Greek! that newly painted bumper looks real nice! Post up some pics off the BJ when its done!

Cheers,

Bumper Grey

Hi Madmarc!

The code number of the grey used is 145 (or T145).
If the correct (stock)grey should be the T1434 ,then they should be very close.Here another pic.
The resto will be soon at its end and I'll post many pics to you my FJ/BJ brothers,even from Day 1 ,when I purchased the rig before 14 months.
Promised!

------------
BJ42, 1984 vintage, 3B, stock H55F ( rebuilt ), 2.5 inch OME kit,
no P/S, 4E9 Toyo beige and as original as possible.....

Just painted & installed that new bumper!

Hey Guys tanks allot for your feed back! I have change my paint supplier and was able to get the same code that Greek used. Anyways looks pretty good I think, here's a few shot for eye candy!

Dam my attachments are full... I'll post them as soon as I have the time to clear a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom