Oil Pump Cover screws & Oil pump Rotor Set job, Need some advice! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You (we all) work with what we got when we got it. Money is definitely tight these days.

FWIW
All three dealers in my area (100 mile range) set their prices about 20% higher than Toyota suggested retail. Fortunately after buying from one of them for years they started to give me a discount (I asked about it). Their discounted price is not as good as some online sources but still a savings off Toyota retail pricing.

The advantage is convenience, I can call up the counter, give them the part numbers and have most parts the next day. Point is, IMHO, it may help to develop a relationship with one dealer and stick with them ( a little "Andy Griffith" type jawboning goes a long way), then ask for a discount once they know who you are.

You (we all) work with what we got when we got it. Money is definitely tight these days.

FWIW
All three dealers in my area (100 mile range) set their prices about 20% higher than Toyota suggested retail. Fortunately after buying from one of them for years they started to give me a discount (I asked about it). Their discounted price is not as good as some online sources but still a savings off Toyota retail pricing.

The advantage is convenience, I can call up the counter, give them the part numbers and have most parts the next day. Point is, IMHO, it may help to develop a relationship with one dealer and stick with them ( a little "Andy Griffith" type jawboning goes a long way), then ask for a discount once they know who you are.

I hear ya brother. We're coming back into the times of bartering with neighbor. We need to build community again. I honestly think that's what led me to this forum. I used to be a lone ranger and just try to do it all on my own but these forums are like community of brothers helping brothers out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom