Oil Pressure Sender Terminal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In an attempt to restore functionality to my oil pressure gauge I installed an original style (2L-TE) oil pressure sending unit on my engine. When I went to wire it up I realized that I no longer have the harness with the connector for the sending unit (shown as b1 in the diagram). I can get the connector that plugs in to the main engine bay harness, but can't find a source for the terminal that plugs on to the sending unit itself (plug 12 on the diagram). Does anyone happen to know where I could get one of those?
Engine Wiring Locations - LJ78.png

Here is a photo of the sending unit for reference:
tempImageQ7xnz3.png

Be pretty easy to make a plug from bending a slide on female more open. Or snip a used one from a pickapart wrecker in the toyota isle, amazing how many corolla parts are the same as cruisers. Probably less than 50cents.

I have been pondering on this... and was actually waiting to see if someone had a crossover solution like @sodafeld1 suggested. I would suggest using a parts diagrams for corolla or other similar potential vehicles to save you a trip or two, or a dozen.

Perhaps @GTSSportCoupe will have a suggestion since the sender is from an engine he is familiar with, and his natural proclivity towards electronics in his vocation may also provide some potential sources??

Good luck bud, you may also need to MacGyver something to work (The ORIGINAL MacGyver, not that smug blond haired kid remake.) :cheers:

I have been pondering on this... and was actually waiting to see if someone had a crossover solution like @sodafeld1 suggested. I would suggest using a parts diagrams for corolla or other similar potential vehicles to save you a trip or two, or a dozen.

Perhaps @GTSSportCoupe will have a suggestion since the sender is from an engine he is familiar with, and his natural proclivity towards electronics in his vocation may also provide some potential sources??

Good luck bud, you may also need to MacGyver something to work (The ORIGINAL MacGyver, not that smug blond haired kid remake.) :cheers:

Haha, that's funny Rigster.

As mentioned, I'm pretty sure most Toyota's of the same vintage use the same system. So definitely a trip to a wrecking yard (if you can find one with old cars) is probably the way to go.

Thanks for the input everyone! There is a wrecking yard near me with a couple of old 4Runners, I'll have to swing by after work one of these days and see if I can scavenge that terminal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom