Oil cooler options. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone hooked up an oil cooler to the 2010+ model with the cartridge? Thinking of just a decent sized heat sink set up with thermostat, dont want to stack a finned cooler in front of the radiator and decrease the cooling capacity of that

Are you seeing high oil temps? Tons of heavy towing? Have a supercharger? This is typically not something the FJs really need.
The 10+ technically have "oil cooler lines" that run on each side of the front of the engine...steel lines with big banjo fittings.

They DO need a transmission oil cooler though. That pays huge benefits. Id argue its so important, placing a large stacked finned cooler in front of the rad it worthwhile....like a Hayden 678. 679 is even larger.

I drive my car hard, like im not afraid of the loud pedal at all, i also tow a camper trailer dew times a year, i also swe my oil pressure decrease after a half our or so on hot days not the usual decrease from cold to operating temp im talking standard pressure of 35psi to 28psi (after market gauge)The trans cooler is the first mod i did.

The first mod I did was to put a Hayden 679 as my transmission was hitting 230F doing slow steep hill climbs and that just didn't make me comfortable. I replaced the WS fluid with Aisin AFW+ fully synthetic WS compatible fluid and with the cooler, the transmission shifts like butter and the temp never goes over 176F. I wouldn't mind putting a engine oil cooler as well but only if there is an easy way for it for a 2016 FJC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom