Official 200 Series Chat and BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What do you guys do with your stock suspension parts when you upgrade? When I had my BP-51's put on, I told them I wanted to keep the stock parts just in case. When I sell, I doubt I'll have them swapped back. Are they worth anything on the market, or should I just chuck them?

Mine went directly into the trash bin... They are CHEAP to replace (stock struts), and you'd spend far more to have them installed if you don't do it yourself. When I lifted my 100 series...I kept the shocks, etc. 13 years later when I finally sold my 16 year old 100 series? I'd thrown the originals away a few years before--which basically meant they took up space in my garage for ten utterly-useless years.

Same with my running boards when I put sliders on. Silly to save in my opinion...unless you plans to upgrade VERY soon and want to swap out pretty new BP-51's again...

OK. Gotta finally post this. :)

-Proof of Mud-Forum Awesomeness...

I need to share ***THE COOLEST*** "care package" type gift I've ever received or ever seen...
...and the ONLY care package I've ever seen than had **BAD-ASS** written aaaaall over it. :hillbilly:

It came on literally the LOWEST DAY after my body pretty much broke apart, and was just a really cool pick-me-up that I never expected--from a fellow mudder I'd only just met in Ouray.

So after being in the hospital a second week (going on week 6 now)...
...my wife walks in with a mysterious BOX labeled, "Man-Crates" that appeared on our porch...

IMG_9086.jpg

Inside...was a steel, 7.62mm NATO AMMO BOX... (I do have an AR-10...)

IMG_9536 2.jpg

Inside the AMMO BOX?

MAN-GRUB AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!

IMG_9086 (1).jpg

I was in really bad shape...throwing up from meds and couldn't eat any of it yet, but...

At risk of drawing attention to someone who I know seeks no such spotlight...
...THANK YOU, ***Canyonero!*** You really made this rough time a little lighter.

-Mark

Last edited:
My son got me a Man Crate for my birthday this year... they ARE awesome!

@Markuson I hope you get better soon and get out of that hospital!

Very cool and kind of Canyonero! Best wishes for a complete recovery.:beer:

With the 4.6 V8 I've experienced this in the desert. If the rpm is too low it won't pick up and feel like it's being choked. Also when trans temps start climbing you'll feel the same issues. Solutions in my situation are either deflating tires, having more momentum or switching it into low range.

DN bro, how did you manage to put a kill switch for the ABS? I tried but the whole ABS ECU seems to shut the diff locks too ?!?! Any pointers?! thanks

Saw a group of Rovers earlier this Summer and thought I'd post a pic...

LandySignature.jpg

;)

Last edited:
Really bored, huh?

Really bored, huh?

Well yes... Very bored--in my hospital bed for 8+ weeks now... .)

But I was kidding... I didn't take that photo myself... -Just came across it on the internet and couldn't resist. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry if this is a repeat but has anyone seen this Cars.com

@gaijin sorry. It's a 08 with 132k for 15,200

Per the owner "
There's nothing wrong with it. As i said, i'll be away for a while, so it will depreciate until i get back, plus i have to pay for storage every month... i have to sell it.
As I’m overseas, the sale will be done through a company. They will manage the sale on my behalf and act as third party so we can be both protected. They will pick up the vehicle from the storage unit, ship it to your address and transfer the ownership. It’s in excellent condition. Everything is set on my end. Your payment will go directly to them, they will hold the funds in escrow until you receive and inspect the vehicle. You will have a 5 days inspection period. If you like it, they will transfer the ownership to you and pay me; if not, you can reject the vehicle. In this case, they will refund your money and pick it up from you. The price includes shipping cost within US. If you want to buy it, let me know your name and address and I will provide you their website and the reference number for my vehicle so you can start the buying process.
Regards"

Sounds fishy to me bc his price is barely more than I paid for my 98

Where is this guy? "I'm overseas" sounds to me like, "I'm a Nigerian prince." I'd dump this one and not look back.

HTH

Agree.

Edited my original post that suggested it might just be a storage cost thing...after realizing I utterly missed the worst part...about full payment, "escrow," etc. Yikes! Bad idea indeed!

Last edited:
Wouldn't hurt to go look at it and see what's going on there.

But that's the point - it is not possible to go "there" and see the truck, we don't even know where "there" is. No truck until "a company" receives payment in full and the truck is shipped to the buyer. My bet is the truck, which probably doesn't even exist, would never get shipped and the buyer - after deciding that he's waited too long for a truck that's never going to show up - has to try to find "the company" and get his money back. Want to bet "the company" doesn't really exist, either?

This is just phase 1 of this scam. Even if the buyer were decided to go through with this, the funds for the purchase would probably have to be wired into an account somewhere - maybe even overseas? - which would make it impossible to ever get the money back.

Too many red flags. Just enough to keep honest folks interested, but no real deal here.

Move on.

But that's the point - it is not possible to go "there" and see the truck, we don't even know where "there" is. No truck until "a company" receives payment in full and the truck is shipped to the buyer. My bet is the truck, which probably doesn't even exist, would never get shipped and the buyer - after deciding that he's waited too long for a truck that's never going to show up - has to try to find "the company" and get his money back. Want to bet "the company" doesn't really exist, either?

This is just phase 1 of this scam. Even if the buyer were decided to go through with this, the funds for the purchase would probably have to be wired into an account somewhere - maybe even overseas? - which would make it impossible to ever get the money back.

Too many red flags. Just enough to keep honest folks interested, but no real deal here.

Move on.

Oh crap! My pain meds (Dilauded=4-6 times stronger than morphine) are screwing up my brain!!

I completely missed all that bit about payment before inspection, "escrow," etc!! Agree. No way.

Ima go to sleep now... :(

Rest peacefully, my friend :cheers:

Hey all, not sure if this is a general chat item or perhaps an (inverse) SQOD but I love this shortcut I found and have been using recently.

If you're using Google Chrome's browser, you can use this shortcut to search websites easily.

In the search bar, enter the website domain (ignore the www and the .com) + colon + search string and google will return all the pages that are 'hits' for that domain, as well as other sites which may cross-reference that search string.

For example:
  • ih8mud: warn 9.5
  • ih8mud: 200 sliders
  • ih8mud: rigid led
  • traildamage: pole hill
  • fox: world series

This saves me several steps, and if you're lazy like me, you may find this quite useful.

In the above examples, if I wanted to know about the warn 9.5xp winch but didn't want to search the winching & recovery forum, 80s, 100s, and 200s separately, google will do the searching for you. Case in point: I wanted to know about both the product features and experiences of MUD members (winching and recovery forum) as well as 200-specific installation considerations. This search technique combines both sets into one result.

By including '200' in your search string, the 200 series will rise to the top (but not eliminate 100s, etc. depending on what else you include in search string)

Also, this technique will match other domains, like expeditionportal, pirate4x4, sleeoffroad or clublexus if there are enough matches between the two domains to warrant a search result.

Good luck and happy searching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom