OEM hub cap wheel colors (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hmmm........I wonder if the roll bar in the '73 you have shown was a non-USA thing. I was going from these brochures and parts lists.

Top brochure USA spec printed 2/73, bottom brochure printed 9/73 USA spec.

Last edited:
came home and swaped the wheels/tires from the mustard 40 to the green 40......the wheels and tires are both new......but had been on the 40 for 2 years and 200 miles :rolleyes:

What ya all think?

I am thinking I like the chrome wheels...........which were optional on 81+ fj40's

87814755.jpg

87814749.jpg

87814746.jpg

Uhh, too bling.

I think the chrome looks good with the bezel....

Not too bling bling, just clean and stock looking.

I like Razor's grey wheels/caps, too.

Damn, just got an 80 and now I want a 40!

I think the chromies look good. Sweet.

The chrome is perfect on that cruiser in that color. It ties into the overall look of the vehicle.

The color establishes the style of any vehicle and that is particularly true about FJ40s. Once more it's my opinion only, but I think that unless an owner is prepared to repaint the vehicle to one he or she prefers that owner is stuck once the particular color vehicle is purchased. (It's a great reason to own more than one) For each one the only right thing that the owner can do is enhance the style of the truck.

I think, John, that you have finally come to your senses.

Well, if you're going that route, you should really think about taking my stainless door hinges to complete the deal!

IDave said:
Well, if you're going that route, you should really think about taking my stainless door hinges to complete the deal!

I respectfully disagree with IDave here, I think Chrome is fine as long as it is OEM and came with that model.

Chrome looks great with that color. Much better than hubcaps on a late FJ40.

I like the looks of hubcaps, but I also like the major items like that to line up with the availability and year model.

Nolen, I do see your point.

guys..............they are just wheels...................don't over think it :D

TECHnically speaking, John, you are correct. :D

(just tryin' to keep Poser Steve happy!)

yeah this was REALLY close to being chat.........steve must be out of town :D

IDave said:
TECHnically speaking, John, you are correct. :D

(just tryin' to keep Poser Steve happy!)

Here's why I was asking about non-hubcap splits...I have 5 of these, they're white, sold to me as OEM Toyota 16" splits. They're marked "16x5.50F SDC 11 88" on the wheel, and "J16X 5.50F SDC 11 88" on the locking ring...and the date varies from 11/88 to 10/90. Were 70 series sold with white wheels, or is it possible these aren't Toyota wheels? There's a little logo stamped, too, that looks like an S inside a circle, sorta.

Steve
split1.jpg

They look just like Toyota splits to me. Most of the splits I've
seen don't have hubcap clips. Pimp has the wheels with the
clips but no hub caps!

I got caps.........they just aint on the wheels :D

yeah they look like OEM splits.

rgentry said:
They look just like Toyota splits to me. Most of the splits I've
seen don't have hubcap clips. Pimp has the wheels with the
clips but no hub caps!

Pimp, I don't see where in this thread you ever actually picked a color...

I just picked my wheels up from PowderVision in Preston, WA (www.powdervision.com) this morning. I choose RAL 7040 by Tiger Drylac as the color. They did not have Dupont Concrete Gray, and I couldn't see anything in his samples or books that had a green tint that I liked.

So I picked this color.

I think they turned out really, really well. The quality of powder coating is fantastic; look at the seams between the hub and rim portion...it's super clean.

131911630_12b3708618.jpg

131911545_368006eb16.jpg

131911455_080f64857d.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom