October Trail Ride (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SAS

Seeking higher vistas
Threads
October 15th, 2016.

Reynolds (Saran) Wrap trail clean up and Eagle Rock.

Meet at the Safeway on South Nevada between 8am and 8:30am. Depart at 8:30am.

Make this one if you can, please. Last clean-up was in June and there were only two of us present!

I have put it on the calendar. Hopefully can make this one.

Reactions: SAS
I plan on attending. What tools do we need for the clean up? Shovels, Chain saw?

I think hand tools should be sufficient--but do bring a chain saw just in case!

I suspect the work will include trimming small branches (less than 3" diameter), filling some erosion holes (return to more natural state), and moving or re-burying some rocks. Oh, and picking up trash! So bring a trash bag or two.

I am bringing:
shovel
pry bar
hand saw/bow saw
trash bags
5-gal bucket

Hard work makes me hungry and some burgers and brats would hit the spot. I'll Bring the meat if Someone can bring the Grill.

Great day guys! Trails looked good, and thanks for the grill action for sure! No carnage, a couple of finicky fuel and 4wd issues, but overall a good day. The 80's did Eagle Rock as a bonus and that was fantastic. Here's my pics.

CLCA -1.jpg

CLCA-2.jpg

CLCA-3.jpg

CLCA-4.jpg

CLCA-5.jpg

This was a fun and productive day. We cleaned the "shooting area" at the intersection of Reynolds wrap and eagle rock, though it was not as bad as I have seen in the past. Also, picked up occasional trash on Reynolds wrap. The intersection with the dead end spur on this trail is becoming more washed out, and it might benefit from some erosion control in the future, but the area that needed the most attention was a bit too big for us to take on. Also, I think this trail is best run from West to East...maybe some others who have been around longer can comment on this? I had a good time on this run/cleanup. Pics:

20161015_100212.jpg
20161015_142017.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom