October 2023 Club Run - Oceano Dunes SVRA, October 20-22. Reserve your campsite now! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Our October Club Run will be to Oceano Dunes SVRA. Apparently, a lot has changed there over the years since many of us were last there! There is a strict limit on camping, and spaces must be reserved through: reservecalifornia.com

I just reserved my spot at Oceano Dunes SVRA . I'm not sure if that link will work for you, but hopefully it will! If not, I navigated through the site and got a message that there were no sites available. I didn't believe that because earlier I seen 72 spaces available for Saturday night (more for Thursday & Friday, and I'm planning to arrive Thursday). So I clicked on the Oceano Dunes SVRA link again and was able to reserve my spot. As of Tuesday evening, at 8:40 PM, there were 64 Saturday nite spots available. Also, I had to create a ReserveCalifornia account, since I didn't have one. All that to say, spaces seem to be going fast, so if you're planning to attend reserve your campsite now!

Hope to see you there!

Any particular camp site no. we should look to get so the group is kind of together

Any particular camp site no. we should look to get so the group is kind of together
No campsite numbers on the dunes. I suggested to Joe in a text that he update this thread with the pole number that he is near. The dunes have several poles out on the dunes along the ocean. I 'think' because of some closure that pole #6 is one of the last now still open.

Still 64 open 'sites' when I booked my reservation this morning. Going up Friday morning after rush hour traffic.

Just Booked:

Unit: Oceano Dunes SVRA - Oceano Dunes SVRA - Off Road Vehicle Campsite - Off-Highway Vehicle Site 663
Stay: Thu 10/19/23 - Sun 10/22/23 (3 nights)

Just booked for a Thurs arrival. Didn't see any place to choose a Pole #, but the system gave me Site 661
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. It'll be my first time camping on the beach.

Just booked for a Thurs arrival. Didn't see any place to choose a Pole #, but the system gave me Site 661
Looking forward to seeing everyone again. It'll be my first time camping on the beach.
Dunes are open camping. No 'assigned' spots. Poles along the beach are reference points only.

Weird that I booked before two of you and have site 758.

Fyi everyone regarding the creek crossing on the dunes and the requirement for a whip on your vehicle.
Screenshot_20230917_083540_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230917_083350_Chrome.jpg

I won't make it to Pismo this round. Duty is throwing a road block.
Enjoy everyone. Post pics as soon as you can to help ease my cravings!

I won't make it to Pismo this round. Duty is throwing a road block.
Enjoy everyone. Post pics as soon as you can to help ease my cravings!
BUMMER!

FYI for anyone who doesn't have reserved beach camping through Oceano Dunes, but would still like to participate in this club run: You may be able to find a space at a local private campground, or in a local motel. As a last resort, you could consider this for a day trip, though it would be a very long day - Oceano Dunes is about 4 hours from my home in south OC (Mission Viejo).

FYI for anyone who doesn't have reserved beach camping through Oceano Dunes, but would still like to participate in this club run: You may be able to find a space at a local private campground, or in a local motel. As a last resort, you could consider this for a day trip, though it would be a very long day - Oceano Dunes is about 4 hours from my home in south OC (Mission Viejo).

Just got my truck back from having some work done, so I was not able to reserve a campsite in advance. Being a Ventura County resident, I think this may be the one time that I have a shorter drive to the meet up spot than most others - so a day trip is actually a realistic thing for me. Though I'd prefer to stay the night on Friday and/or Saturday, even if its in another campground or local motel. I might need a little additional info in order to make up my mind about what I'm going to do. I've never been to Oceano Dunes. I've never driven a vehicle on the beach, or even in sand. I have certainly seen plenty of videos of trucks and cruisers launching themselves off the tops of dunes, but I'm guessing that's probably not everyone's scene these days. Can someone tell me what I'd have in store if I came up? What kind of daytime activities, etc? Am I totally missing out if I don't camp with the rest of the group?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom