OBD port location (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys, where is the OBD II port on the early 1995 models?

If I'm not mistaken, the later models have the port located under the dash, correct?

is the 95 model under the hood?

Do the early 95 models even have OBD II? Wasn't that a crossover year?

thanks

Not sure about the port location on a '95. My '96's port is w/ the fuses below and to the left of the steering wheel.

OK, I guess this is an OBD II truck!

There it is, right atop the fuse box.

There is a plastic indentation on the underside of the dash, over to the right of the steering column, but it's blank. I thought maybe that was where the connector would go. Now, I'm thinking maybe that's a location for a hand throttle?

thanks for the reply, beav.

I think they quit putting it under the hood in 1994. Mine is a 1994 and its under the hood on the passenger side mounted to the fire wall.

There is still a diagnostics port in the OBD-II trucks under the hood (same spot as the OBD-I trucks). As others have said, check the fuse box in the cab.

There is still a diagnostics port in the OBD-II trucks under the hood (same spot as the OBD-I trucks). As others have said, check the fuse box in the cab.
Guys, new to my 80. It’s a 1995 with OBD II compliant sticker under hood. Which of these under the dash to the left of the steering wheel is supposed to have the OBD II port? I don’t see anything to open and I don’t want to break anything.

F0EA7F9D-9D80-4451-9004-653585A22B1C.jpeg

90DFFCC3-916A-4411-8796-9B0FF23680E0.jpeg

you should still also have the obd port under the hood, those didn't go away in some Toyotas till 2002

True, but its not the same connector as the OBDII port inside the vehicle.

It is normally used for 'jumping' circuits for testing or 're-setting' certain functions, etc....

D port1.jpg

D port2.jpg

OK, I guess this is an OBD II truck!

There it is, right atop the fuse box.

There is a plastic indentation on the underside of the dash, over to the right of the steering column, but it's blank. I thought maybe that was where the connector would go. Now, I'm thinking maybe that's a location for a hand throttle?

thanks for the reply, beav.

Yes, the 'indentation' is the spot for an OEM hand throttle. Your OBDII port is right above the fuse panel. There is also a diagnostic port under the hood on the passenger side, but typically used for different reasons.

IF you have a ScanGauge or for some other reason want to move the OBDII port to a handier location, you can use a short adapter to extend it, as I have done with mine below.

OBDII_a.jpg

OBDII_b.jpg

OBDII_c.jpg

Hand Throttle_a.jpg

True, but its not the same connector as the OBDII port inside the vehicle.

It is normally used for 'jumping' circuits for testing or 're-setting' certain functions, etc....

very true but it is still sometimes needed for flashing out the codes on some systems such as abs on some models.

very true but it is still sometimes needed for flashing out the codes on some systems such as abs on some models.

Agree wholeheartedly....it is very much needed. Else it wouldn't be there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom