Builds Project Patina-November 1968 FJ-40 (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

She missed me.......

The muffler is not going to work. I'm sending it back unless someone here wants it. $225

So I got a bit done today.

Thank you @Bossman for the Warren Wench motor. It completes the look.

IMG_7824.JPG
IMG_7825.JPG

I also treated the last of the rust inside today in the glove box and under the drivers seat. I'll patch the last of the holes next

IMG_7822.JPG

Got up in there and sealed up the toolbox with patches and caulk today. Finished it off with some undercoating. Will toss some jumper cables and tools in there and have a nice clean storage area.

The second to the last floor patch was finished. It is by far the biggest hole. I'm going to drill a drain hole then install a 2.5# fire extinguisher right here to make it all dissapear.

IMG_7931.JPG

I took a break and hung out with Lou. He helped me hand my garage art.

I have one more patch to finish then I'll empty out a few cans of undercoating on it all and call it complete.

IMG_7932.JPG
I'll sammich this patch under the mesh then glop steel body filler on the mesh.

Seems to work good where I've done it. We shall see after I drive it and if it will hold up to vibrations

Too clean!

(looks good)

Can't wait to see this one fire up soon. You should have a CLC party; we can smash a bottle of Yuengling on the front bumper to send her off properly.

Thanks man, it is what it is going to be. A pile....but it's my pile. All these patches are going to do is keep crap out of the inside. I think the Permetex metal filler will be the ticket. I tried a few and it sets up the best. I have been using flexible material from Permatex around the edges of the patches so they can flex and the larger holes are getting the Permatex liquid fill.

Pat Holland is going to help me get the final fire-up going. All it needs at this point is a mechanic that can show me what wire goes to what and Pat has volunteered to help me. I should be driving this thing by October if all goes well.

I'd love to be there when Pat cones over; I'll need help getting mine up and running, valves, timing, etc.

I'd love to be there when Pat cones over; I'll need help getting mine up and running, valves, timing, etc.

I'll let you know. He works around me a lot so it may be last minute.

Popped the hatch off for OEM weatherstrip tonight.

Treated the rust. Oiled it up.

IMG_7978.JPG

It's in great shape. No cancer.

IMG_7979.JPG

This metal piece. Is it supposed to be bent to fit in the dark piece this much? Wondering if I should in-bend it some. It kinda fits in there like this but its not super easy to open.

IMG_7979.JPG

I have someone sending me the part that looked bent. It is.

I put the hatch back on with gasket tonight and man, what a nice seal it's got.

The door shocks work?

Ok cool. I have one if you need it.

Let's start the betting pool on when Nolan will sell it.

AC Garage and all summer...hmmm. hunting season taken into account...

OCTOBER, pre Crawl it will be on a trailer somewhere with a new 2f, refurbished interior and Nolan's 3rd liver.....PATINA

September not October

On a trailer

With a 2F

Interior patched shoddily

I did drink a lot of beer in the AC garage

@SHUSH gets a D+

IMG_8085.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom