Non Wheeling GCLC Event (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woytovich

Science...
SILVER Star
Threads
At the winter meeting I mentioned that I was looking for non-wheeling events for the club - well here is a good one.

GCLC member Nick Jennings and GCLC supporting vendor and friend Jim Chenoweth are participating in a "24 Hours of Lemons" race on May 10th and 11th at New Jersey Motorsports Park, Millville NJ

I'm planning on attending and I was hoping we could get a GCLC cheerleading section together (and yes Jon, you can wear you high school cheerleading outfit)

Details are here:
24hoursoflemons.com

If you think you might want to attend post up here and we can coordinate as the date gets closer. It should be a good time.

mark

A vid of our "race" car from last year's fall race...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mb78ClnjYnQ

The camera car is following our car - the orange and black VW Golf with the diesel smoke coming out the tailpipe.

The racing is only part of the show - hanging around the penalty box during the race and then participating in the party after the checker drops at the end of the day is also loads of fun. :grinpimp:

Nick

And is the Saturday night party open to all?

Yes. None of this stuff is nearly as formal as you make it out to be - well, the safety stuff and on-track conduct is. But the stuff in the pits after is just like wheeling events...

7:30 in this video gets you to the Saturday night party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uVeA6Q5-vo

As Jim pointed out we made an error when we set up camp - we were too close to the partying teams. :doh: Pretty sure that won't happen this year...

Nick

Lemons..

Could we as a group possibly enter? I am in if so I love that track.

J

You mean enter the premises en masse, like a single marque club entering the grounds at Monterey?
Sure, you can do that. You still hafta stop at the gate, sign the waiver, pay the spectator admission, get a wristband, etc. But then you could form a Cruiser car corral somewhere on the grounds with your EZ-up and BBQ grill in the middle.

I meant to compete, but I think I found a team already. Hope to see you there

Sent from my SGH-M919

You mean enter the premises en masse, like a single marque club entering the grounds at Monterey?
Sure, you can do that. You still hafta stop at the gate, sign the waiver, pay the spectator admission, get a wristband, etc. But then you could form a Cruiser car corral somewhere on the grounds with your EZ-up and BBQ grill in the middle.

This was my hope - if we get a few people to go... I'll be asking about interest as we get closer...

Sounds like an opportunity for yet another GCLC Food Fest.

Entering the event on a team would be an excellent/terrible idea.
We could use another crew member, if anybody wants to get up close & personal with the action in the hot pits.

"Gutter league race team seeks SWM for crew duty. Must be height/weight proportional, reasonably fit, own a pickup truck, have your own firesuit, SA cert helmet. Send pics of firesuit & truck to <xxx at mud.com>" :grinpimp:

We finished the race. We managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

There was a pimped up FJcruiser rolling around the paddock. A couple of 100's and sequoias doing family hauler duty as well. But no properly wrinkled Cruisers.

I'm sorry Jiom that none of the GCLC crew made it down... me especially. My 92 year old mother would have understood if I hadn't shown up at her house... right?

CONGRATULATIONS on the finish!

I had a team and was excited to compete then things fell apart and the team disbanded. also was on Mom detail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom