No indicator light for 4x4? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys, I'm previous 80 owner but now have a 2007 LX470. I do remember on my old LC that when you pulled the lever for low range a light would come on the dash indicating it was engaged. There was also a light for the lockers too.

The other day I drove the 100 onto some soft grass and pulled the lever... no light. Drove for 50 feet or so, put it in reverse, etc. Still no light. I WAS in low range though, I could tell that. Just no light on the dash. For the heck of it I also hit the "lock center diff" button. Again nothing. Can someone post a pic of what the lights look like on the dash when you're in low?

There's no light for 4x4, both the 80 and 100 are full time 4wd. There's no indicator in either for low range either, just the CDL and ABS lights coming on to let you know. So if you shifted into low and didn't get the CDL light, try turning wide circles until the diff engages and you get the light.

Yes, my mistake. Bad title for this post. I realize we're full time 4WD. However, I thought there would be some kind of idiot light for going into low range, or pressing the CDL button. Is there at least a light for pressing the CDL button? This should only come on when you're in low range from what I understand.

There is a light when CDL engages. CDL can be engaged in 4hi or 4lo. I can run 4lo with no CDL engaged though.

Only indicators you are in 4 lo is position of shift lever and the obvious gearing feel that changes drastically.

CDL, PWD & 2nd switches need exercising regularly.

I bought the Center Differential Lock (CDL) transfer indicator switch, to fix my lights. Turns out I didn't need it. These sending units & solenoids get buggered-up (technical term) from lack of use. I just kept turning CDL on & off, it then started working. Continued turning on & off and lights come on. Took a few weeks in warmer weather.

Test for CDL is binding on tight turns.

To echo and clarify what's been said here:

- No low range indicator.

- Center diff lock should get you a light that looks like the one you had on your 80, as well as an ABS light.

- Center diff may take a moment to engage, longer if it hasn't been used in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom