New to the forums! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ditto on the world wide cruiser community. we got folks from the united states of A to the back woods of Zimbabwe and Australia!

very nice looking rig. sorry for the loss of your brother.

never be afraid to ask questions. no question to dump, no response too detailed :D

See what I mean Swintell............Aussies and Zimbawes chiming in! Friends from across the U.S. You got the rig and now the sickness of an outstanding ride that will dominate your life. Heads will turn and twist as you go down the highway. Good luck cause this feeling is hard to shake. Me? I don't even own a Toyota right now but the stars will align and I see a 40 in my future.

Last edited:
Really I can't thank you all enough for the warm welcomes. I have been apart of many forums but never have I had such a warm welcome.

Like I said I don't know very much about land cruisers but I am going to learn it in and out. So that I can bring it to its potential.

It has enormous sentimental value as it was my brothers first vehicle. He took his own life in 2012 in a firearm accidental discharge. I wanted to take his old truck and restore it to drive around for memories I had no idea my uncle still had this cruiser. His ex wife took the truck and most of his belongings so we have little of him but memories. So when I found out he had it and thay he was giving to me, and that my brother had told him to give it to me was like...well an amazing feeling.

A little about myself
I am 23 years old with a wife and 2 sons. My eldest son passed away shortly after my brother at 2 months old due to sids. We live in Oklahoma. I work loss prevention for a major retail chain. I just recently purchased a house back in August so things are going alright for myself for now.

Again glad you guys are so welcoming I searched Google for a land cruiser forums for referencing and I found you guys because the name is interesting. Glad I made such a great choice. I will update with more pictures as soon as I can.

sorry to here of all the troubles and loss you've had.

its nice to have another young person on the forum. i keep referring to myself as one bc ive been here on the forum since i was 21 but i got my first 45 when i was 18 and grew up around landcruisers. im 25 now and married, thankful that the missus loves the 45 nearly as much as i do. its one thing that they re amazing at, bringing families and people together. if i ever have kids, i guarantee they will grow up in and around land cruisers just as i did.

just remember, if you look after a cruiser right, it will look after not only you but your children to come. my pa's words, and man are they true :)

Welcome !

Lots of memories and joy with the 40

:cheers:

Welcome to the madness. So sorry for your loss, lot's for you to go thru at such a young age.

Read all you can here, and do all the safety things first. Steering, brakes, safety belts, tune up and such. Get this going and DRIVE it. There are many wonderful full resto threads on here, but 40s are VERY expensive to complete. There are also folks on here who haven't driven their cruiser in YEARS due to a teardown that has taken much longer than planned. Try to keep your improvements to weekend or so projects.
You will find all the help you need on here, again, WELCOME !

Some more pics I got her home.

After sitting since 2009 in the same spot we put a battery in and she fired right up on the first try. Drove her out and onto the trailer.
Oh and as soon as I got her home I did flip the grill. Thanks for that pointer.
Now to get to work on the breaks and clutch.
20170129_185254.jpg
20170129_143414.jpg

Welcome and nice truck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom