New to the 100 series forum (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello everyone,
I have been on the 80 forum for 2-2.5 yrs. I wrecked my 80 which is currently being fixed by a local shop that specilizes in 40/60/70 series. We were in need of a 3rd car so that I could keep my 80 as more of a toy and less of a DD. After some searching and finding a good 2005 LX470 in Marietta, GA - I ended up calling Onur and he inspected it for me. Good car. 2 owner - first in Alabama, second in GA. no rust. small dent on back that has been fixed. 125K miles. 90K service already done. No big issues were noted on Onur's inspection. It was delivered by the sales rep 4 hours to my location and arrived yesterday. It is a joy to drive. Great ride. I have a couple things to fix, but that is expected with a 10 yr old vehicle and 125K miles. And it was my favorite color was the galactic grey metallic with ivory interior.

Here is my link to what Onur did for me. Thanks so much @beno
CONTACTING BENO FOR OEM TOYOTA AND TERRAIN TAMER PARTS SUPPORT

Current repairs that were performed by the dealer prior to my purchase are:
1)new antenna - sales rep broke it when getting washed
2)L rear lower tailgate dent repaired
3)power steering flush
4)brake fluid flush
5)center diff button sticky - fixed.
6)oil changed

Current repairs I have performed
1)removed center console to clean switches and replace burnt out bulbs - prior owner must have spilled 5 coffees on them.
2)repaired antenna as was not fully retracting. No problems now

Upcoming plans
1)repair rear tailgate plastic plate behind license place. When the dealer repaired the dent the must have just tried to rip this piece off and broke several tabs and therefore it is currently only being held on by the license plate bolts. I plan to repair the broken tabs with plastic epoxy and fix this piece when the plastic clips come in from Onur
2)get another master key
3)buy some replacement lexus center caps, 1 broken and 1 poor fitting
4)buy a OEM trailer hitch and likely install trailer brake controller in future
5)replace coolant hose "T's" with new ones
6)flush AHC system sometime
7)Ordered techstream setup off Amazon so can evaluate techstream system
8)figure out how the nav/phone system works - its a little confusing.

Heres some pics of my 80 before the wreck, and then heres some pics of my new 100

Beautiful! Congrats on the new ride!

Yeah, nice color. Love how these trucks keep there age.

My EMV is in Japanese, does anyone know how to change the menu to English or can I replace it?

So decided to clean up the previous owners messy interior. Supposedly it had some extensive detail at the dealer prior to delivery to me...does not appear to be true. Oh well. I had planned to pull the interior and clean thoroughly anyway. We'll pulled it all. Repairing little things. Painting rusty sheet metal under console with por15. Should never rust again. Pressure washed carpet. Got a fair amount of the crayon stains out. Now waiting for carpets to dry and then put back together.

1449364774537.jpg

1449364816325.jpg

1449364828619.jpg

1449364838748.jpg

1449364855468.jpg

love the color of your rig, congrats on the addition to your fleet!

how long will it take you to pull the entire interior then put it all back in?

So decided to clean up the previous owners messy interior. Supposedly it had some extensive detail at the dealer prior to delivery to me...does not appear to be true. Oh well. I had planned to pull the interior and clean thoroughly anyway. We'll pulled it all. Repairing little things. Painting rusty sheet metal under console with por15. Should never rust again. Pressure washed carpet. Got a fair amount of the crayon stains out. Now waiting for carpets to dry and then put back together.
Wow! Now that is really cleaning up the interior.
Curious - how long did it take you to get it to this state?

That is the most intense cleaning I've ever witnessed.
As much as you liked your 80 - I really think you'll end up loving this LX more.
Nice find - can't wait to see where this goes.

Took about 4-5 hrs to get all stripped and pressure washed

will you be taking out the seatbelt and soaking them to clean them? i saw a post a while ago of someone that did a similar strip job, and also took out the belts since they were really nasty

any gotchas in this strip down? I've got some spare time over the holidays, I'm tempted to do the same!

will you be taking out the seatbelt and soaking them to clean them? i saw a post a while ago of someone that did a similar strip job, and also took out the belts since they were really nasty

any gotchas in this strip down? I've got some spare time over the holidays, I'm tempted to do the same!

I plan to do the 2nd and 3rd row belts first so I can get it back on the road, then do the front seats on another weekend.

I did this 2x on the 80 so it wasn't hard, it was much more difficult the first time on the 80. Here's roughly what i did

1) Remove 3rd row and second row seats
2)Remove front seats - harder due to the wires underneath as well as the wiring for the headrest DVD players - finally found the wiring box underneath the seat and seats and removed the seat
3)removed the door sill on the rear
4)removed all the plastic inserts on the floor (they need a torx bit)
5)removed all the interior molding - most just pull gently. the rearmost sections also have a screw to remove and some of the seatbelts have to be detached to remove them.
6)removed the center console - some screws on outside and 2 in back behind cup holder. removed the center front of the console by lifting up
7)removed all the sheet metal in center console to be painted with por 15.
8)unbolted the components under the passenger seat to move so can clean all the way to the bottom
9)unbolted the components under the drivers seat to move so can clean - this is the fan. cannot completely move but can lift slightly to vaccuum under
10)used simple green and a brush to clean floor of the vehicle after carpet removed
11)took the carpet and used a spray carpet cleaner on the bad areas - let it sit. then used the pressure washer to apply a soap carpet cleaner. then pressure washed the carpet and hung to dry.

next plans to remove the seat belts and clean as well as clean the door panels - will like clean in place.

I plan to do the 2nd and 3rd row belts first so I can get it back on the road, then do the front seats on another weekend.

I did this 2x on the 80 so it wasn't hard, it was much more difficult the first time on the 80. Here's roughly what i did

1) Remove 3rd row and second row seats
2)Remove front seats - harder due to the wires underneath as well as the wiring for the headrest DVD players - finally found the wiring box underneath the seat and seats and removed the seat
3)removed the door sill on the rear
4)removed all the plastic inserts on the floor (they need a torx bit)
5)removed all the interior molding - most just pull gently. the rearmost sections also have a screw to remove and some of the seatbelts have to be detached to remove them.
6)removed the center console - some screws on outside and 2 in back behind cup holder. removed the center front of the console by lifting up
7)removed all the sheet metal in center console to be painted with por 15.
8)unbolted the components under the passenger seat to move so can clean all the way to the bottom
9)unbolted the components under the drivers seat to move so can clean - this is the fan. cannot completely move but can lift slightly to vaccuum under
10)used simple green and a brush to clean floor of the vehicle after carpet removed
11)took the carpet and used a spray carpet cleaner on the bad areas - let it sit. then used the pressure washer to apply a soap carpet cleaner. then pressure washed the carpet and hung to dry.

next plans to remove the seat belts and clean as well as clean the door panels - will like clean in place.

excellent detail, thank you!

Still waiting on the carpet to dry. About 80% dry. Painted the sheet metal under console and reinstalled console. Only one little mishap when working with the passenger front seat got a small scratch on the window controller wood trim. Any ideas on how to fix?

1449449308024.jpg

1449449352668.jpg

Nice pictures of the naked interior. These pictures could be really useful in the future. For one, I am going to take your directions to remove the center console to get to my brokenCD player.

Here is some more detailed info @RyanStl

Just pulled the center console like 3 times tonight to get the bolts all right.

1. Pull up the front part that has the shifter in it. The whole piece just pops in, no screws. Pull up at the cup holders and it should pop out. Twist the knobs off the shifters. Then unplug the seat heaters, pwr switch and ahc switch. Remove it.
2. Remove the rear cupholder
3. Remove the 2 screws that were in the console behind the rear cupholder.
4. Remove all the screws in the console. On the sides. Can be accessed by moving seats forward or backward.
5. The back part of the console now pops off.
6. Unplug the rear console stereo controls ( mine were sticky so i disassembled and cleaned) and the center console cigarette plug. These are located in the back of the console
7. Remove the 2 bolts inside the bottom of the console. Now the rear portion of the console lifts up.
8. Remove the front portion that extends from the dash to the console by removing 2 screws and then lifting up by pivoting at the front part.
9. If desired you can remove the cd changer now and then the sheet metal underneath. There are several plastic clips holding the wiring to the sheet metal.

Make sure to remember where the bolts go, certain types go in certain places. This is why I had to remove a couple times.

@Tredwards - Nice cleaning job. Did that to my rig a few years ago.

Quick question, did you take out the plastic foot bottom trays in the front foot wells?

In the images above, it appears you did. If so, how did they come out?

I didn't attempt to take them out when I sound proofed my LC.

@Tredwards - Nice cleaning job. Did that to my rig a few years ago.

Quick question, did you take out the plastic foot bottom trays in the front foot wells?

In the images above, it appears you did. If so, how did they come out?

I didn't attempt to take them out when I sound proofed my LC.
Not sure what you are referring to. Do you mean the plastic piece at the bottom of the door entry that has the lexus logo on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom