New to land cruiser land. Looking at buying (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Thanks all in advance. I am looking at possibly purchasing a 1990 F62. What things should I be looking at. Body looks mint. I haven't seen it in person yet. It has 222k miles. Obviously can't be exact but what do you think a reasonable price for a no rust, nice paint, mechanically sound truck in this year and at this mileage should be worth?

Thanks so much. I look forward to learning more.

Look at the interior
The body
The engine compartment
Rust situation underneath
Then drive it.

If you like it enough for the price you’re willing to pay — buy it!

Not more than $120,000. Anything more than that is silly. Look at MUD classifieds and see
what they go for. It’s pretty wide open to interpretation. You buying to build/live for/treasure?
Or an investment to get your money back from? Do you demand stock or are you willing to
accept some modifications? Modifications that are well done you can look up market value
and figure out if it’s an improvement. Neon light modifications probably devalue it. Look
for as many as you can find that you like and look at what they are being valued at.
That’s all you can do. Killer body is the best value, anything mechanical can be dealt
with. Rust hidden in corners can be a killer to the value. Look hard, never rely on pics.
Its not called ‘Bring a Trailer’ cause they figure no matter how shiny it is you can still drive it away.

Thanks all in advance. I am looking at possibly purchasing a 1990 F62. What things should I be looking at. Body looks mint. I haven't seen it in person yet. It has 222k miles. Obviously can't be exact but what do you think a reasonable price for a no rust, nice paint, mechanically sound truck in this year and at this mileage should be worth?

Thanks so much. I look forward to learning more.
Just spend a day reading all the threads here, at least the first 3 pages

Post some pictures of it and you'll get more constructive input.

Remember…
The all new LC250 will be launched in the USA in 2024 for $55k for the base model. It’s the FJ62 replacement and a BRAND NEW LANDCRUISER.

I know that’s probably way out of your price range — but it’s something to keep in mind for reference.

Remember…
The all new LC250 will be launched in the USA in 2024 for $55k for the base model. It’s the FJ62 replacement and a BRAND NEW LANDCRUISER.

I know that’s probably way out of your price range — but it’s something to keep in mind for reference.

Didn't know that. Thank you so much for the info!

With any older car there are always a few things that take priority over everything else for me. Body panels straight and not rusty. Frame not too rusty. and interior in good condition. Engines can be repaired or replaced. Transmissions can be repaired and replaced. brakes axles suspension are usually replaced or modded. The main things that are much harder to come by to replace is good interior and straight clean body panels.

When i bought my first older toyota after my minitruck in highschool I bought a 1987 4runner with blown motor and automatic. I paid a little more than i should have for it, but the top had never been removed, the interior was immaculate, and the paint was original and damn near perfect. As I owned that thing i learned to work on it and put a reman motor and a used W56 5 speed in it. After that i basically had a damn near new 4runner.

Also, as someone who always daily drives a classic 4x4, if you can have a little beater car to get you to work and back, do it. It will save you tons and tons of headache. For example, theres a red toyota yaris for sale in memphis for $2k. Perfect beater car. Whatever you do, dont get a cool daily beater. Youll be tempted to do cool stuff to it too, and then youll have two cars down and no way to get to work. Trust me on that one 😂

Remember…

you mean a new Prado and will share lots of underpinnings/parts of the new 4runner and tacoma

a nice car, but not a 60/62 replacement

a nice car, but not a 60/62 replacement
Of course that’s something that could be discussed for the next 10 years…
According to Toyota…. the LC250 was designed from the ground up to sit between the 70 series cruiser and the LC200.
It’s definitely a land cruiser — in Toyota’s eyes.
Of course the solid axle crowd will think otherwise:)

Hard to say without photos and more information about its maintenance history.
I would guess $20K or more. Where do you live and for what purpose would you be buying?
The auto transmission is a weak link with these. They’re of course rust prone, both body/roof and frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom