Builds New kzj71 project (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 door landcruiser with 1kz is balance and powerful. Not understand as why put in very heavy truck engine to cause understear handle problem.

2 door landcruiser with 1kz is balance and powerful. Not understand as why put in very heavy truck engine to cause understear handle problem.

Wil be able to answer you better on handling in a few weeks time. :p

If you read back you will know why the 1kz went, or rather had to go. Besides, I had a very itchy backside for a new project.

Hello,

There's a little fine tuning to do on the fuel pump and a couple of other little issues. The clutch is rather heavy to depress so awaiting another vacuum unit.

Vacuum for the clutch will be arriving in a few days time.

Also, AISIN front wheel locks to get rid of the electric ones.

Like me he dislikes 1KZ engines , LOL Chaos starts

ECU and fuel pump went wrong and I was left at the side of the road. Luckily friends drove past and towed me to the village.

Same year I had 4 other guys with more problems and ended up with engine replacements.

Decided to upgrade and away from ECU engines with Al heads onto big boys toys.:p:p:p

Last edited:
ECU and fuel pump went wrong and I was left at the side of the road. Luckily friends drove past and towed me to the village.

Same year I had 4 other guys with more problems and ended up with engine replacements.

Decided to upgrade and away from ECU engines with Al heads onto big boys toys.:p:p:p

I agree busted up ecu left it with no overdrive and hesitant to change gears, ip went rapidly south . Less computers in a 4x4 the better . Bigger the diesel engine easier it is to drive in the jungle and tow

Last edited:
I thought the rawang doctor put spring assisted clutch pedals in my RED and YELLOW to make them softer they are just a delight to operate making all day driving a breeze

Mine has a exedy heavy duty clutch installed.

Last edited:
EGT and boost gauges installed.

The EGT running at 750DegC on start up and 800DegC after a little easy revving:

The probe is mounted before the turbo, on the manifold.

Sounds very very wrong

Don't know.

However I do know from my work enviroment, where there are big desiel generators, the temperature at the inlet of the turbo can be around 1100degC, output around 550degC. During normal running operations at 70% load.

Any one else??

I have a infra red heat gun sensor at work. Will try read the temp with it.

I was just reading an article on google. The table at the bottom of the page is very interesting. Sort of tmperatures I am use to.

http://www.dieselpowermag.com/features/0607dp_exhaust_gas_temperature_basics/viewall.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom