Builds NEW Cruiser buggy - Sunray Engineering (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Some Mo.
LG
HPIM0708 (Small).JPG
HPIM0709 (Small).JPG

very nice :beer:

Woody....................

Schedule some time this summer to get back down here................

Got a full day of trails at Poteau you NEED to do and then the new trails at Clayton that Nolan and I cut will be another full day.

My-O-My.......two full days of your type of trails.

Later, Jimbro

awesome....just gotta buy me a tow rig and I'm in....lol You gotta schedule a weekend to Attica IN as well....perhaps early August when it's too friggin hot in TX....

Saw some top secret pics today.....unfrigginbelievable....

at least Tom's cut down on the cussin...must mean things are assembling nicely ;)

Haven't seen the picks yet...........................I was over yesterday and worked on wiring the winch for interior switch, and worked on interior panels.

Those interior panels are kicken my ass, work three or four hours and still reach over and touch where you started.

Lots of electrical and plumbing taking place, can't wait for all to see some of the trick stuff.

Front end is going together..................not sure when it will get hung, but it's not far off.

Planning on taking it to Moab.............leaving on the 15th, good place to wring one out.

Later, Jimbro

Lance, did the estimate Jim received from Sunray on this buggy assume he was going to be helping?

And, if not, how much extra is he being billed? :flipoff2:

woody said:
Lance, did the estimate Jim received from Sunray on this buggy assume he was going to be helping?

And, if not, how much extra is he being billed? :flipoff2:

I'm just glad I'm not the only guy that blows his guestimate on delivery time......although they would be done if Jimbro wasn't helping..... :flamingo: :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

I'm just glad I'm not the only guy that blows his guestimate on delivery time......
I don't know if you can finish one of these things.

Some pics of the floor and fire wall and what not. SPECIAL t-case shifters, those things look complicated. They probably have a special purpose. Lets see if Jim remembers.
LG
HPIM0755 (Small).JPG
HPIM0756 (Small).JPG

LanzG said:
I don't know if you can finish one of these things.

Some pics of the floor and fire wall and what not. SPECIAL t-case shifters, those things look complicated. They probably have a special purpose. Lets see if Jim remembers.
LG

I am the sheet metal guy, don't know much about them shifters.

What is so special about a couple of t-case shifters with do-ma-fa-jigs in the top of them?

Worked another 5 hours on panels, need about another 5 to 10 hours to finish up the interior. This is all built to meet Uroc and/or WERock specs, it takes time!

Major headway Tuesday............engine came to life..........sounded great ( major hard core) with the 40 series exhaust.

Rodney working on plumbing, and plumbing, and plumbing.

Got the front double bead locks mounted today...........just two more single locks and tires will be complete.

Tom was working on the outer knuckles.............they are a work of art with the way they are lightened. I see this rig two to three times a week and the craftsmenship these guys put out blows me away, thanks Sunray.

Tossing numbers around and looks like 6.25 #'s per HP +/-, with a 60 to 1 (3.1 x 3.8 x 5.13) crawl +/-.

But................what is the deal with the thang-a-ma-jigs on the shifters? ;)

Latet, Jimbro

shifters with rubber bumpstops....maybe it's to protect yer noggin when you roll over....

almost looks like there might be a wire there too....maybe it's his and hers manual airbag switchees...

I feel ya on those interior panels! Just finished mine to be compliant with the UROC - WEROCK rules. Lotsa measuring, templates, cutting, fitting, trimming, and the BLING, fastener holes and rolled beads. One thing is certain, all your hard/meticulous work will show when you are amongst your fellow competitiors!

You guys have succeed in putting the highest quality, complete comp vehicle buildup on the NET, bar NONE! Thanks for letting us follow along, and glean ideas, and inspiration from you all!

And.... GOOD LUCK this season!

I have a dumb question. What is the difference from a cable actuated auto transmission (like mine) and a "mechanical" shifter like on the buggy? Just curious.

BTW my jaw drops and I salivate everytime I see these photos. I was a stainless fabricator for about 7 years and that is nice work!!!

SD

SPRDAV said:
I have a dumb question. What is the difference from a cable actuated auto transmission (like mine) and a "mechanical" shifter like on the buggy? Just curious. SD

One is actuated by heims and the other a cable :flipoff2: :flipoff2:

This is a Lokar shifter, most of us use them instead of the cable cause they f'n rock.....got one in the box right now going in an FJ40, used one a couple of weeks ago on an FJ55.
Butch

Last edited:
I considered only two shifter options for my auto....Lokar and Art Carr. The Lokar is nice since it's a direct connection between the shifter and the tranny lever, and it mounts nicely on top of the tranny.

The Art Carr I chose is a high quality cable operation, and it's advantage is you can "clear" the gates and make the throw from 1st to Reverse one solid/positive movement, without having to "feel" your way into the gear...

IMO, all the other shifter options are crap.

Ahh, so ease of shifting and direct connection to tranny??? Thanks for info.

SD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom