Need pics: Lifted FJ40's with 31" tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

33x10.50 are available. You just have to look. Amazon will ship them to you door for free. Then just pay your local tire shop to mount and balance for you.

33x10.50 are available. You just have to look. Amazon will ship them to you door for free. Then just pay your local tire shop to mount and balance for you. http://www.amazon.com/BF-Goodrich-A...d=1352501957&sr=8-1&keywords=33+10.5+15+tires

CRAP! Thats what I wanted and could not find 9.5 or 10.5 anywhere:mad:

Anyone want to buy a set of 5 BFG Mud-Terrains with only 60 miles on them???

Looks likeAmazon only has 4 left, right when I needed to order 5 :( Oh well if I got a blow out it would be a PIA to find another tire.

31 x 10.5 x 15 No Lift Cooper Discover STT.
These are M/T. I wanted the "Hmmmm" back. Got them at Discount Tire. Have had them for about 3 months. VERY pleased. My FJ40 hasn't seen the mud since my high school and college days in it. But, it did back then....

Nice truck. :beer:

31x10.5 with shackle lift, stock springs
IMG_2381.jpg
IMG_2402.jpg

Here´s a pic of my 40 with some brand new BF Goodrich KM2's 31x10.5R15:

IMG_0457.jpg

About the tyres, i cant say much so far, except that they are very quiet on tarmac, no humming.

Lift-wise, its a full OME setup. The tallest one they have. Dont ask how many inchs, 'cause i dont know exactly. only know in cms.

Hopefully this weekend, i'll test them in the mud :D:D

Nice 40, Malignum! What wheels are those? And what bumper?

Hey, the rims i cant say i know the brand. i checked when i bought them second hand, but can't find any mention or mark of a brand.

The front bumper was custom made by a mechanic friend of mine. its made from 5mm stell plate, so good luck who or whatever runs into that :D IT also has a built-in winch support frame. If you want i can get you some more pics of it.

2 1/2" OME 31x10.5x15 BFG at's

Sorry about the pic. My iPhone hates me
image.jpg

Late to the party

Old thread but anyone else have pics of their stock or 2" lift with 31s?

With my wheeling days coming to end (baby makin time), I want to go with a classic look. OME lift with steelies and 31's making such an good looking setup.

thanks in advance!

:cheers:

Hi Cappy, got your PM and thought I'd reply here so others know what I decided on as well. Thanks to everyone who posted pics and helped me decide!

Yes, I went with 31x10.50 BFG All-Terrains on stock 5.5" steelies. Had to make some calls to find a tire shop that would mount them since BFG doesn't spec these to fit a 5.5" wheel, but wasn't a big deal. I found an off-road shop that was willing within 3 phone calls. Only stipulation was they would only do the tire mounting and balancing; they wouldn't install the wheel/tire combo onto the truck.

My truck does have a slight lift, but I don't believe it's as tall as an OME lift, so had to stick with 31's. If I went OME, I'd run 33x10.50's. You asked for pics of my truck with this setup in the PM. I've got a build/trip thread going (see link below) with a bunch of pics. The BFG/stock steelie combo is installed as of Post #16. When I bought the truck (pics in Post #1), the truck had BFG 31x10.50s but with 7 or 8" wide aftermarket wheels:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/40-55-series-tech/669430-west-coast-road-trip-my-new-78-fj40.html

You should also check out the following post I made in a different thread, which shows the tire profile of my 31x10.50 on a stock steelie. The arch is not ideal, but I haven't had any problems nor has anyone else that I've read about:

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showpost.php?p=8243867&postcount=16

On-road performance is great. I drive 20 miles roundtrip to work a couple times a week, including 60 MPH freeway driving, and can't think of anything to complain about. Not to mention the 1500 mile road trip I took in December, chronicled in the thread linked above.

Off-road, I've aired down to 20 PSI several times now without any problems. Would've tried lower, but every time I've been wheeling so far, I've been alone and haven't wanted to test the limits of my setup. When I get a chance to wheel with someone more experienced in resetting a blown tire bead, I'll try 15 PSI or lower.

Overall, I'm super happy with the setup. Looks great, and performs well both on-road and off-road (granted, limited experience so far off-road). If I were to do it over, I might go with Mud Terrains considering some of the slop I've run into in the Pacific Northwest, and more so, I like the look even better! But the A/T's are doing just fine.

wow. fantastic photos and what an unreal adventure.

Your fj turned out great. I like the tire setup a lot. I'm also tempted to do the mudders. I ran 33s mudders on my tj wrangler. wasnt bad at all for freeway driving.

I just dont know yet what look I like better. this will be used 90% for daily driving and 10% trails. I'm in costa rica at the moment and our tire selection leaves a lot to be desired.

31 MTs On Stock

Kumho 31 MTs on stock.

Low hum, great on and off road. Very happy with look and performance. Was considering a OME lift but the setup is nice. Not sure if the lift is necessary for my needs.

cheers.
fj4.jpg
Fj1.jpg
fj5.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom