Nahatlatch Fire Lookout Build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

kim

Threads
I am pleased to announce that we will be rebuilding the Fire Lookout Tower at Nahatlatch in cooperation with the ATV community. Planning is taking place but the date is set. The build will be Aug 18 and Aug 19.

Almost all of the major details are covered but we do have a need for a framer or two who would be interested in assisting with this project. Please contact me at president@4wdabc.ca.

More info here;

Four Wheel Drive Association of BC - News

whats the access like up to the site ? and do you need any equipment ?

Awesome news! Any idea what the trail is like up too the tower site, and what are our camping options?

Chris and I just went up there yesterday. The access is relatively easy, just steep. We'll not have too much difficulty getting materials and equipment to the site.

Camping options near the site are limited. There are a couple of meadows under the hydro lines where a lot of people can camp and there might have been a couple of smaller areas but regardless, there'll be a 5-10 minute drive to get to the tower.

Equipment, we'll get the word out in the next couple of weeks as to equipment needed.

So, the road is clear to Boston Bar? How long did it take to get there from Mission?

the Kookipi is NOT clear. We took the #1 to Boston Bar.

There is the remnants of an avalanche 17km in from Nahatlatch FSR on the Kookipi. It is not going to melt off for another month at least.

the Kookipi is NOT clear. We took the #1 to Boston Bar.

There is the remnants of an avalanche 17km in from Nahatlatch FSR on the Kookipi. It is not going to melt off for another month at least.

Good to know. I was thinking of making a drive out there now the kids are out of school.

Here is the snow and Chris fooling around.
20120615kookipiavalanche.jpg

A view from the Lookout towards Boston Bar.
20120615NatahatlatchFireLookoutview.jpg

And a gratuitous shot of Tess above the lookout.
20120615TessaboveNahatlatchFireLookout.jpg

So, any framers in the club available on this weekend? Beer is on me for said framer. :)

Need volunteers before the build.
The build is happening on the 18-19th of August, we need helpers on thursday and friday (16-17th) to help with building the footings. We have 8 in total, we think all will need replacement. So we are looking for a couple, energetic, able volunteers for the 2 days before to build to help us get a head start. Please let Kim or me know.
Thanks!

Thursday is out of the question, but I will aim for showing up early Friday. Will know more by the Wednesday before.

Need volunteers before the build.
The build is happening on the 18-19th of August, we need helpers on thursday and friday (16-17th) to help with building the footings. We have 8 in total, we think all will need replacement. So we are looking for a couple, energetic, able volunteers for the 2 days before to build to help us get a head start. Please let Kim or me know.
Thanks!

As of right now looks like I should be getting home late on the 16th, put me down for a maybe fri/sat

Sad day today, Aug 17 2023
Nahatlatch tower burned in wildfire

IMG_0985.png

IMG_0986.png

IMG_0987.png

IMG_0983.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom