Moving out to MT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I swapped my popup camper for an 80 series my daughter has whenever she gets finished with it, has lockers etc

You will love it, I have had several 40's, last one was really nice, have to have an 80 now as I have 4 kids, it is a very capable rig, I am very happy with it, I also have a 60, not running at the moment, some day.

Hey guys,
Sorry for the huge delay. The cruiser made the trip flawlessly, great trip. Always feel good seeing new scenery in the cruiser!
Looks like I won't be able to make the meet tomorrow unfortunately but it'd be great to meet you all sometime. I've kept an eye out around town. I've noticed 2, a tan (maybe with a Yakima rack?) and another black but it appeared stock and with a brush guard possibly. Both have been at a glance but noticed the driver noticing me as I passed on the last one haha.

Missoula is an amazing place. I've really enjoyed my short time here so far!

Travis

Welcome to town, beautifull time of year here.:p

Thanks Chris and landroamer! Yeah I've heard I'm coming in on a great time of year, good timing. Ah, that makes sense, sooo your telling me each cruiser I waved at was maybe in vain? Haha J/k

Enjoy the nice Saturday fellows,
Travis

Welcome Travis, hopefully we all will be able to plan some trips.

How was the ice cream @ DQ guys? Sorry I didn't make it, stumbled onto to the carb I needed and a few parts swaps later I had it no cash involved! So if all goes well.............it should be (running) finished. No where near completely finished, but are we Cruiser guys ever really finished?

On another note with the tlca club vs. Others........... what are the missoula guys thoughts? Seems that would be the easiest way to get it going. There are enough of us to do any club, tlca, Ih8mud club, that montana toyota 4x4, or join forces with willie which might be the easiest for us mainly cause I really dont want to deal with the politics/paperwork.

You should have been there. This sounds like one of those "bro's before ho's" times to me. :grinpimp: j/k Land Cruiser = Ho. :doh:

Glad to hear you found a critical part. Nope, they are never done. A Land Cruiser is a cruel mistress as some would say.

I thought the "ice cream social" went very well. There was a turnout over 1/2 dozen vehicles and over a dozen people. introductions were made, chat was had, etc... In the primary group it was all Jeeps and one highly modified 4Runner. They are a formal group with formal procedures in some ways and piggy-backing off them makes sense to me. They don't seem to have any problem with Toyotas/Land Cruisers as long at they are in good shape and trail worthy. :rolleyes: They're kind of 'Mud-ish in that they like to keep standards high, which is nice. Comments were along the lines of wanting trail rides to be rides, not repair festivals. I like them. Willie is nice. I appreciate his depth of experience and perspective. Plus, he's a pretty nice, easy going guy from what I could tell.

Even 3_puppies showed up with an old FJ on a trailer. He had just picked up three old Cruisers and was hauling them back to Helena. Nice to meet him.

Anyway, that's my take. We're planning to go on rides and do the formal application process.

I agree, I am going to look at joining forces with willie and his club, great group of folks, some nice rigs, I like the mentality of prefering rigs that are not on the trail so repairs can ba made, dont get me wrong, repairs will happen on ocassion but at least they can be kept to a minimum,everyone seems to get along well, even my wife enjoyed the company.
:clap:

Willie seems the way to go. I have picked up on them being a great group for the publics eye, and yes worthy rigs are needed. Thats why I didnt list mtn jacks. I should have the 40 rolling today, keeping fingers crossed, and will soon be showing my ugly mug at all gatherings.

On another note, I am sure eillie and that club will want to be involved, but even if not, I am starting to plan a 4x4 poker fun run for 2013. I am doing this to honor a really close H.S. friend who lost his battle with cystic fibrosis a few years back. He was big time into 4x4 and only drove toyota. I put this out to my FB page, and got real good feedback. My mother is starting a quilt, and there have neen some other offers, but now I also have another big reason as one of my other classmates has a young boy who also has Cystic fibrosis. (He will be in my rig for the run) If you have ever seen what C.F. does to a young man or childs life you will know why this is important to me. 4X4ing was about the only activity "Gimpy"was able to do that CF had no control on his ability. All proceeds will go to make a dream, but I think we can do something special for for my classmates son also. I know its a year out, but I just wanted to get the word out and see what you guys think?

I keep almost showing up at a 4x4 club meeting, but each time something else comes up that I need to do at the same time! Willy has an application from me and everything, I have just not followed up on it.

I fully agree with the worthy rigs caveat and everyone has said about it. It seems, based on his emails, that they need some new blood to keep things moving?

Its alive!!!! Got her running sunday night. Hit the blacktop for the first time this year monday, had to get the oldest son up at 5 a.m. to help bleed brakes. Drove it to work, (building a hanger at hamiltons airport) loved watching ALL the "high rollers " stop and stare at MY cruiser! Ahhhh its good to be back behind this old steering wheel once again.

congrats:clap:
Hope to get mine running one of these days, it has only been apart for 5-6 weeks, driving me nuts:bang:
Oh well, that day will come,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom