Monstaliner Bedliner (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I don't post much, but I wanted to post an update about my issues that may help someone else. Mine as you see above was done wrong. I let air get into the paint for the 2nd coat, roller fell apart...etc and made a not so great finish. I used a plastic rzr blade and scraped the garbage out after several days of curing. I then went over it with 180 grit on my portable sander. This left a lot of texture and paint, but smoothed it out where the garbage was. I ordered another gallon kit from monstaliner, had more toner mixed and followed the directions this time. It went on like butter and covered perfectly. Here's some pics, but follow directions kids lol, it saves headaches. Now for lift, tires, wheels, roof rack, bumper and rock rails this wknd.

View attachment 2352071

View attachment 2352072

View attachment 2352073

Did you roll again or spray?

Everything is back in stock except black liner which will be a few more weeks.
Chemical shortages messed us up bad but we've secured a few new reliable suppliers and won't run into this again
How are things looking now. I requested some samples a few weeks back and now when I emailed support@monstaliner.com I get a bounceback. Hoping that ya'll are around an still doing business as I'd like to use the product. :)

How are things looking now. I requested some samples a few weeks back and now when I emailed support@monstaliner.com I get a bounceback. Hoping that ya'll are around an still doing business as I'd like to use the product. :)
Wooohooo! Despite the email bouncebacks it looks like they are alive and well as my samples came today. Now to decide which 'gray' will look the best as a replacement color for my 80's front and rear bumpers.

Wooohooo! Despite the email bouncebacks it looks like they are alive and well as my samples came today. Now to decide which 'gray' will look the best as a replacement color for my 80's front and rear bumpers.
Sorry about that. I'm looking into the email issues.
We are here and doing fine. Still short staffed but making product and shipping daily.
Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving!

BLACK-FRIDAY-2022.jpg

Black Friday Sale is On

This stuff is amazing, I've added 4-5 dents and tons of scrapes and the monstaliner is holding up great! Sadly the rear quarters, tail lights and headlights aren't as tough...lol Got my front bumper installed so hopefully my quads will hold up better moving forward.

I sanded the grill and quad buckets with 180grit and sprayed them with satin black to keep with the black out theme (krylon colormaxx - after spraying with self etching green primer).

View attachment 2784585View attachment 2784586View attachment 2784587
Which color is this one? I think it looks awesome.

You’ll love the finished product. Prep is by far the most time consuming part. What color(s) are you going with?

I’ve had mine Monstalined going on 2 years. Looks like the day I finished rolling it on -except for some minor pinstriping (that would have torn the heck out of a regular paint job) from wheeling.

You’ll love the finished product. Prep is by far the most time consuming part. What color(s) are you going with?

I’ve had mine Monstalined going on 2 years. Looks like the day I finished rolling it on -except for some minor pinstriping (that would have torn the heck out of a regular paint job) from wheeling.
I’m using desert sand color, trying to sand deep enough to remove old clearcoat that’s peeling yet avoid hitting bare metal since I didn’t buy primer.

I’m using desert sand color, trying to sand deep enough to remove old clearcoat that’s peeling yet avoid hitting bare metal since I didn’t buy primer.
Are you going to pull your glass, etc., or just tape? When I rolled mine, it was after a bunch of welding/rust repair.

I used desert sand too (and dirt bag): two tone.

You’ll love the finished product.

I did smurfadelic and white on my 40 and I absolutely love it

Are you going to pull your glass, etc., or just tape? When I rolled mine, it was after a bunch of welding/rust repair.

I used desert sand too (and dirt bag): two tone.

You’ll love the finished product.
Just taping, I have a rust hole cut out of the back hatch that I’m planning to weld this week. This truck has a rusty undercarriage so I’m not too concerned with longevity, just want her to look better. It’s a nice rig with OME suspension and no AHC.

Just taping, I have a rust hole cut out of the back hatch that I’m planning to weld this week. This truck has a rusty undercarriage so I’m not too concerned with longevity, just want her to look better. It’s a nice rig with OME suspension and no AHC.
Right on. Sounds like a great truck. Post up some pics when you getter done.

Take it easy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom