Mojave Suspension System Build Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You're the second in recent memory to have that brake line strap problem with an FF housing. I guess that I got lucky?

I'll prolly weld the tab/ nut like OEM to FF axle so I can attach the brake hold down clamp.

You're the second in recent memory to have that brake line strap problem with an FF housing. I guess that I got lucky?

JimC says that the brake line routing changed in the later years to have the tab line mount on the perch as opposed to up on the housing.

Good info, THX GLTHFJ60. Maybe why the axle is in great shape because it is a later model and not as old as could have been...

FF Axle Installed

Got the FF axle all buttoned up. Cleaned up hubs installed bearing races, all new brakes and wheel bearings the only thing I'm waiting on is the SST to set preload on the bearings. Went ahead and installed the right side aussie routed brake line to utilize the OEM hold down that is welded on the spring perch. May bend up a custom line for the left side, the one that came on the FF axle was crushed to badly to use:mad: :cheers:
IMG_1012.jpg
IMG_1013.jpg
IMG_1014.jpg

Waiting on SST

Not been able to get a lot done due to work schedule. Did get the brake hard lines routed to match FF axle. Turns out I had a spare 85' SF axle in storage with the brake lines on it and they matched the FF axle routing. :clap::clap:Turns out I think the earlier year model 60 series routed this way because my 87' has tabs higher up on axle off the spring perches. Anyway, got everything all bled and ready to go.:cheers:
IMG_1016.jpg
IMG_1017.jpg
IMG_1018.jpg

Ok... I gotta ask...does this thing get off the pavement :cheers:

Much too clean.

Very nice.

That's good, you guys are great! After tomorrow it will be back up and running :) I have to go on an expedition to find wheels and tires!

Looks awesome.... Wish i could just drive over to SOR and pick a FF up... I'm gonna have to check on a FF, I know it would be money well spent...

Keep up the great work, you got a lot of good info here...

:cheers:

These are a few of the good things about living in this place. I'm about an 1-1/2hr from MAF, SOR, Mark's Offroad etc. Keeps feeding the addiction!

These are a few of the good things about living in this place. I'm about an 1-1/2hr from MAF, SOR, Mark's Offroad etc. Keeps feeding the addiction!

My wife would murder me. I would not be able to control myself.

Someone needs an INTERVENTION !

(me ... I'm about 15 mins from all those places, errr.. maybe 1/2 hr to MAF :mad: )

You got a beautiful rear-end now ;)

WOW!

Never would have thought I would get a compliment on my rear end on this site:grinpimp: Had to check and make sure I did not log onto another site:hillbilly:
Thanks for the compliments all, I think:hmm: Got the SST today and got my rear end all buttoned up! SST works nice and makes it easy to preload the wheel bearings to the proper torque values. Followed the FSM bearings not loose or to tight, just right:D Took her out for an hour drive and man what a beast! I don't know if it's me but there is a big difference in the way the truck handles with the FF axle, and the Aussie really makes it handle different! Locker is not noisy, I can hear it in corners under load but not bad. If I drive it like I have no where to go, can't hear it at all! And a few pics for those that think the old girl never gets off jack stands:flipoff2: Now tires and wheels:cheers:
IMG_1021.jpg
IMG_1024.jpg
IMG_1023.jpg

Asked Military Tire for a quote on 8.25r16 XZL's they have them! $550.00ea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom