Michelin Latitude Tour HP opinions? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone out there using these tires? Looking for an opinion on the Michellin Lattitude Tour HP's for our family cruiser--I was running Bridgestone HP's, but they have been discontinued in the size that I was previously using. My wife primarily drives our LX-450 (no mods) so street use. We do plan on moving to the Wash DC area next summer so there may mild winter use next year.

I was also considering the Bridgestone HL Alenza's and Michelin LTX's--I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

My two cents. It is designed more for crossover SUV's than truck based ones. It will over good dry weather and wet handling, but the LTX will be a better tire in snow conditions. The Bridgestone HL Alenza is a good tire for your proposed use and any of the three tires you mentioned will be excellent tires for your proposed use. Tire Rack is a good place to research any of these tires you are interested in.

Also, consider the Bridgestone Revo, which a number have given high regards. Agree with C the HP may be more of a light duty type.

X2 on the Revos.

I would recommend the new Michelin LTX A/T 2 based upon ~4K miles on my Tundra. I got them from TireRack Michelin LTX A/T 2, as they were not available locally back in Nov.

They replaced some Sears (Michelin) XCX APTs which started loosing traction on wet pavement at ~55K. Those same tires went ~60K on my FJ62; again before loss of traction on wet pavement.

Had snow/ice on the ground here from 10 Dec 07 to 2X Mar 08, no complaints on the new LTX A/T 2s, they'll replace the LTXs on our LX450 when the time comes.

Could/would have gone Revos, but I have my doubts they last as long (no FLAMES intended, just 18 years of Michelin ownership). :grinpimp:
:hillbilly:
mi_ltx_at2_ci2_l.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom