McGrew Campout 2016 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just something I have been mulling over...

I was originally thinking about not trail running this year. The actual closure of the trail has certainly changed my thought process.

Just kind of thinking it would certainly look better (for lack of a better word) if we had more than a dozen trucks at the trail head.
Now maybe im being a pessimist, but it sounds to me right now like we've got James crew of what 6? Myself, chad and a couple others.

Ya i know its going to be stupid hot this year, my rain dances obviously aren't working. Lol bumpy sweaty dusty. Did i mention hot?

Anyway...........
3-4 at least coming down from the North. And as far as our FB page goes, 14 say they going, 15 interested.

That being said, I don't know how many are skipping the trail.

Cate and I will be staying home. We rescued a Schnauzer from a woman with dementia and need some more quiet, calm time at home with him to get along with the the other two.

Slight change of plans:bang:
Bivalve factory was closed today for electrical repairs.
Open at 8M. Leaving right after I pickup the slime devil's.
There ya go :rolleyes:

:cool:

Just something I have been mulling over...

I was originally thinking about not trail running this year. The actual closure of the trail has certainly changed my thought process.

Just kind of thinking it would certainly look better (for lack of a better word) if we had more than a dozen trucks at the trail head.
Now maybe im being a pessimist, but it sounds to me right now like we've got James crew of what 6? Myself, chad and a couple others.

Ya i know its going to be stupid hot this year, my rain dances obviously aren't working. Lol bumpy sweaty dusty. Did i mention hot?

Anyway...........

Awwwww I knew you cared for me :oops:

I was thinking roughly a dozen rigs would be there for the trail... Not sure tho

I'm in for the trail. Yeah, an early start would be ideal. I'm hoping to pickup an extra quality water jug that won't wet my rig..

We'll be at the beach north of Brookings (75 degrees predicted) :flipoff2:.....but you guys have fun!:steer: If I went I'd just break something anyways! :rolleyes:

****WARNING**** AS of 11:30 this morning there is a log truck accident 3 miles in on the fireroad out of O'Brien. Access is BLOCKED for an undetermined amount of time! Nobody on site of the accident and will need either airlifting out of some serious wreckers. My dad could not find a way around it in the 40 and had to turn around and head in via Gasquet.

James said they spoke to gal at the store and saw a wrecker dragging out a wrecked truck. Think we are good.

Well another year in the books. Ended up with 8 trucks on the actual run.
2 4runners
4 80s
1 Lx 470
1 Fjc.

Thanks to everyone that made it out.
Another great potluck and with no pesky raffle to interfere with socializing. ;)

See ya next year ;)

IMG_20160731_123831351.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoyed the crew but still didn't have enough time to bug everyone. Thanks to those who joined us. Thanks to James for dealing with the USFS and running lead after an exhausting trip.

Nah it wasn't just me dealing with the USFS it was a collected effort on that. Sorry we bailed out before the potluck but I think our weekend was done at that point and we ran off to better weather (Coast). Aric managed to jump in for me when I couldn't get there in time. Anyway Cheers to another McGrew trip! :beer:

Had a great time and can't wait until next year. Hope to see people at Cruising the Woods!

So sorry I had to miss this trip. But glad that it happened and that you guys had a good time without me!

Don't cry for me though, I spent this weekend driving the Blueridge Parkway, and looking around antique shops. :cheers:

Was the FS involved at all in this run? Did they inspect any vehicles or give that Kalmiopsis speech?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom