Maint Req warning light (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Greetings. I have an 07 FJ 4x4 that is new to me. Recently the Maint Req light started blinking after the engine is started. So I looked in the owners manual and it said that this means the oil needs changed. So I changed the oil (with Toyota motor oil and filter) and the light is still blinking. Is there a way to reset the light? Thanks for your help.

This works on my '13:
Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position, but do not start the engine.
Press the odometer button until you see Trip A on the little screen.
Next, turn the ignition “off”.
Press and hold the Trip odometer Reset button, and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position.
Continue to hold down the Trip odometer Reset button until “000000” MILES appears on the display and the maintenance light turns off.

Sent from my iPhone

wow, I've had my 07 since new and didn't now that (but maintenance light has never come on either) ... yah learn something new every day ...

wow, I've had my 07 since new and didn't now that (but maintenance light has never come on either) ... yah learn something new every day ...

It should come on every 5,000 miles, to remind you to change your oil, lube your u-joints and slip joints and etc.

It should come on every 5,000 miles, to remind you to change your oil, lube your u-joints and slip joints and etc.

Now that is interesting ... I use synthetic oil and change it and the filter every 10k km ... I'll have to do the research as to why its never come on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom