Maiden Voyage. ***PICS*** (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Well, I took the cruiser on it's maiden voyage into the wilderness this weekend. There's a state park/off road area about an hour from me so Saturday morning my neighbor and me set off. Got to our destination, aired the tires down, and began exploring. It's mostly riverbed with the occasional rock trail to elevated overlooking areas. It was going great! We were cruising up and down the riverbed, climbing hills the rig was VERY impressive. I was feeling VERY confident and super excited about it's off road capabilities!!! Then....... quicksand. My rig sunk, my heart sunk, and it was touch and go for about two hours until we winched her out!!! it took my 11,000lb winch and another jeep who was anchored to s second jeep with his 12,000lb winch pulling also... whew!! I almost shed a tear I was so relieved. Enough with the story, here's the pics..

1.jpg
3.jpg

I'm having trouble uploading the other pics... hold please

Very nice Cruiser and great pics. Thanks for posting them.

Looks like fun. Better think about draining the diff's in case water got in there.

What front bumper is that - slee short bus?

How is the "power" with the 4.88's and the 35'S?

Looks like fun. Better think about draining the diff's in case water got in there.

What front bumper is that - slee short bus?

How is the "power" with the 4.88's and the 35'S?

The "power" is good, low range is amazing. Yes it's a short bus.

I'm planning on draining and refilling the diffs this week for sure. I do have breathers installed, but they were under water for a couple hours, so I'm betting it's a good idea. haha.

Nice rig and glad to hear you were able to get her out of the quick sand. How much lift are you running?

Nice rig and glad to hear you were able to get her out of the quick sand. How much lift are you running?

Yea I was freaking out for a bit. haha... I have OME J's with a spacer up front. I had it loaded down quite a bit with firewood and gear.

Might not hurt to do a little drain/refill on your diffs since you sat in there for so long with water up to your hubs. $60 is pretty cheap (about $30/axle) to make sure there's no water in there.

Great pics btw! Jealous of your scenery. We get none of that here in KS.

And grease the driveshafts too.

Pretty country. Thanks for the pictures.

Love the cognitive dissonance of the personalized license plate.

Great pics!

Like having those plates on a Toyota? Is that what you are referring to? haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom