looking for electrical gurus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hidy yall its been some time since i posted anything but looking for help looks like my power window driver side stopped working today after searching the forms there's a good chance its the master switch relay. now all the other doors seem to work as well as the locks. and from what i gather the main relay for teh master switch is a green lil box inside the door. and after trolling the threads it is possible to replace the connectors but looking for some one with the skills to apply new capacitors and relays and even electrical resodering if needed. my understanding the replacement connectors are pretty cheap but would need someone with the technical know how yes it could be easier to replace them but there arent any New relays being made and even if i buy a used one they are about $75 thru cruiserdan or if any one knows any one in town that can possibly work on it that could work ...but trying to find a reasonable solution being that im on a tight budget very tight.

Never worked on mine but you did peak my interest when I see it's on a 89 FJ62. I plan on doing the upgrade on mine. Driver's works fine the passenger's front is slow. I picked a pile of FJ62 parts a number of years ago but don't think the master driver's door switch was included. Never look at the wiring in the FSM but if everything else is working could it just be the contacts in the drvier's window switch? Had a old Volvo the power switches that needed to clean the points to get them working. Volvo wanted a fortune for news switch that were just loose in a box. Vehicle was about five years old and thought it was funny the Volvo dealer on Camelback Rd had so many on hand.

Well I did clean them about 4-5 yrs ago now that is still something I'm probably going to to as a for the hell if it. Now I also did the perminmate fix with the other Windows and they all work good but everything I've troubleshooter so far leads to this relay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom