Look what I found (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

be sure you have the head checked for cracks - while it looks like the piston did all the giving (which is good); you don't want to put it back together and find out there were some micro-cracks
this is what happens when it pings under boost
... I thought my secondaries were too small, what really happened was there was a leak under the blower... whoops, good thing is was a one in a billion made SBC
Ouch. The 2h will be good in this bus just wish I hadn't bought new alternator pulleys leads etc but who am I kidding my names Donnie and I'm addicted I'm sure there will be another cruiser in my future. P.s obviously my wife doesn't read this

it was a bad day, but I do this for fun - so I learned a large amount by doing it; imo worth it.

the other thing to check on your motor before you reassemble it is the walls for cracks. The piston rocks in its bore (naturally) but by jamming something between the head and the piston, you may have also caused damage there or nicked the walls. I have a picture somewhere of the motor (I still have it), it did no good to the walls between the cylinders.... ah well, go big or go home is my motto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom