Larry Kitahara "Yodaman" memorial weekend accident (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
As we probably we all know about what happen to Larry on the last memorial weekend. It was a terrible accident I personally witnessed most of the event. I saw the other truck leaning over Larry's truck but I didn't realize what happen until I saw a bunch people running to where Larry was. I was sitting down in my truck with Paul watching the whole accident. It was a terrible experience seen my friend laying down under his truck I talked to him is much is possibly just to keep him awake, it's was an overwelm amount of people trying to help him, amount them it was one or two nurses trying to help him out until help arrived. He was air out in a helicopter to Reno trauma center. Paul and I visited him Saturday night at the ICU trauma center he was out due to the pain medication he was giving to him, but at that time he was looking much better already.
They were able to clear out his lung but doctors were worry about some bleeding on Larry's liver. As today Larry has show remarkable come back. He is tough as his truck. He will be going to surgery tomorrow to repair his 12 broken ribs. I will try to keep you my friends up to date as much is possible. Mean while we can do a little prairie for our friend to help him with his recuperation an have him amount soon.

Rolando

s***!
Well wishes for sure!

Dammit! Just heard about this. Wishing Larry a full and speedy recovery.

I'm sorry to hear about this. Get well soon Larry.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Larry! I shall forever remember your bar service at Rubithon 2011.

From what I've read so far there was some fatal accidents at Moab and Rubicon on this same weekend. Not the kind of memorial weekends one wants to have.

Last edited:
Update for Larry
Larry when in to surgery yesterday for a couple hours. All went will. He still has the breathing tub in, in which they hope to remove this afternoon. When I hear more I'll try to keep you up to date.

Glad to here he is okay. I hope everything turns out okay. Best of luck larry.

Update on Larry's. Me Paul and Paul's wife also his nephew Dustin visited him today. I was amazed on what a remarkable recuperation he has. Surgery went well no more breathing tube and of course he has a great sense of humor. We were joking laughing having a great time. Thanks to all of you who show support for the him. I am sure he will really appreciate all the prayers. I Will keep you posted with the latest as they come in. Thanks to all.
Rolando

Best wishes and I hope you can repair the metal damage now it seems that recovery is fine.

Cindy and I visited Larry today in the ICU. He looks good considering; and was actually eating.

He has suffered 3 fractured ribs on his right side and the rest are broken. He also suffered 3 fractured ribs on his left side. He currently has a steel plate inside him which is holding his broken ribs (right side) in place while they heal. He also suffered a punctured lung and liver which required surgery to repair. He noted he was not feeling as well today and 'They' took samples to see if he is developing a lung infection or other possible problems.

Here is what I could gather from Larry about what happened. Larry notes he had leaned into the front wheel well of his truck to retrieve an item that had fallen, as another truck came up towards the front off Larry's truck, striking the front tire of Larry's truck. This forced the tire to turn and crushed Larry between the tire and his truck. Larry noted the other truck did not stop despite his repeated efforts to yell back up and just kept coming.

He has another week in ICU should the tests come back negative and all goes well. Breathing is challenged of course due to the severity of his injuries and his voice is whispered.

Beyond that, he is in good spirits and seems to be doing well.

Last edited:
Prayers for quick healing Larry! Let me know if there is anything you need a hand with.
Eric

The lates on Larry's recuperation. According with Larry's son Paul. Larry had been able to get more sleep during the night and during the day he is been able to do some walk outside of the building to get some fresh air. He is still in the ICU but since he is recuperating. He may be move out of the ICU to a regular bed. I really appreciate such a huge support he had received from all his friend and family members. So please keep praying for his recuperation it help and have him amount us soon.
Thank you PMC's, family member and friends

Sorry if my English have some errors, but remember Rolando no Habla ingles. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom