Kudos to Murf and the CBT team (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mattman

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm probably just preaching to the choir here but I wanted to extend my thanks to @murf and his crew in the shop. I just barely met these guys and felt like an old friend in need of a helping hand.

With a grenaded front differential and a tight budget, I reached out to Eric Murphy for help. I quickly received tons of advice and options from Murf and favors from his phonebook of cruiserheads to come up with a solution to fit my budget. To say the work on my 80 was professional and meticulous would be an understatement. I appreciate the attention to detail and the care given to doing the job right. I am no longer afraid to let someone other than myself work on my stuff.

Cheers to Eric and his team at CBT!!! :cheers:

from his phonebook of cruiserheads to come up with a solution to fit my budget.

Huge assist to the local Cruiser community - always ready to lend a helping hand! Awesome group to have the pleasure to associate with ~

I'm probably just preaching to the choir here but I wanted to extend my thanks to @murf and his crew in the shop. I just barely met these guys and felt like an old friend in need of a helping hand.

With a grenaded front differential and a tight budget, I reached out to Eric Murphy for help. I quickly received tons of advice and options from Murf and favors from his phonebook of cruiserheads to come up with a solution to fit my budget. To say the work on my 80 was professional and meticulous would be an understatement. I appreciate the attention to detail and the care given to doing the job right. I am no longer afraid to let someone other than myself work on my stuff.

Cheers to Eric and his team at CBT!!! :cheers:

Glad you found your way to CBT. They have been a huge contibutor to the health of my cruisers, always a trusted and valued resource we are fortunate to have.

Murf took a good amount of time to chat with me last week about the cruisers symptoms to help me confirm my head gasket was going. Dropped it off Friday, looking forward to having the truck back better than ever.

Nice to have one dealer that can make up for the other 99% of my experiences with dealerships.

Last edited:
I think the Pesky Head Gasket (PHG) should have its own designation like the Pesky heater hose (PHH).

Alot of you catch it while its very sublime :clap:. Noticing the slight symptoms like: the slight rough idle upon first start up, the coolant level going down, the quick shot of steam upon first start up. They hardly ever run warm/hot or show any symptoms once driving around unlike alot of other head gasket failures.

If only my buddy Kevin who regularly runs his LX450 (supercharged) at 225F and above would take note and get the PHG done.
I am guessing by our next trip the block will be scored like an old wood cutting board...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom