JDM 80s in-cabin winch controls using the factory switch previously used to control shocks. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2AE4E3B8-2189-4542-A551-586F3CDC6014.jpeg

Has anyone repurpose this switch for winch controls?

I’m trying to figure out the pin out anyone have a diagram??

I don't think that is a "momentary" type of switch that activates when pushed and releases after pressing. The antenna switch is what you need. One button for line in, second switch for line out. You need to implement relays to do this. I believe Slee Off Road documented in a thread many years ago.

Here is the diagram for the shock absorber control system in a 70-series, should be pretty much the same as an 80:
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 4.53.09 PM.png

And here is the winch wiring diagram:
Screenshot 2023-07-14 at 4.54.14 PM.png

I don't think that is a "momentary" type of switch that activates when pushed and releases after pressing. The antenna switch is what you need. One button for line in, second switch for line out. You need to implement relays to do this. I believe Slee Off Road documented in a thread many years ago.
the shock switch is momentary

i have the antenna switch but I actually have it in use. maybe i could get another

Personally, I'd want more separation between the IN OUT switches,

And think I would want an isolator / emergency stop switch that cuts power to the winch completely.

In my previous cruiser I had in cab winch controls, and had a missile type switch to provide power to the in cab controls.

It means you have to deliberately power up the controls, and have a one touch isolator all in one.

I had intended to also use this switch to cut the +12v feed to the winch with a heavy solenoid so the winch is as dead as possible until you switch it on in the cab.

And think I would want an isolator / emergency stop switch that cuts power to the winch completely.

In my previous cruiser I had in cab winch controls, and had a missile type switch to provide power to the in cab controls.

It means you have to deliberately power up the controls, and have a one touch isolator all in one.

I had intended to also use this switch to cut the +12v feed to the winch with a heavy solenoid so the winch is as dead as possible until you switch it on in the cab.
Good points. Luckily the factory Toyota winch has a disconnect solenoid already, so if the in cab switch were wired in properly with an additional kill switch it would work just as you have outlined.

With my old 8274 I think I would have to do the 3 to 5-wire conversion and a new Albright contractor DC88-1000

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom