January 21, snow run- Schubarth Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Saturday January 21st. Meet at the Western gas station on Hwy 24 at 8:30 - 9:00 am depart.

Do your best snow dance between now and then. Bring chains if you have them, just in case, but they are not mandatory.

Luke, are you bringing your grill? :D

The more the better. Nice to have two in case someone says they will bring one and forgets... shameful, I know, but it happens... :eek:

See, I was nice, I didn't even mention that...

Welcome to the forum Sam, it's about time!!!

Have you done any work or are you wheeling stock?

It may be months before he posts again ;)

Last edited:
Don't think I can make this one - kids sports. But I've got a grill if somebody wants to borrow it :flipoff2:

Last edited:
I'm out of town again next week so I won't be able to make this run. Seems like conflicting schedules are happening to me a lot these days.

Other than the snow element, it looks like a IFS 4Runner with 31's and a front truetrac would easily make it? We didn't have any issues in the snow on the 2nd Christmas Tree cutting weekend (other than never finding the group since we had to come after the meeting time).

My grill and I will not be able to come to this run. I hope everyone has a great time.

Ditch the grill and come by yourself :hillbilly:

ToyCO said:
I'll give it a shot. Whats with the Grills? Is it BYOB Bring your own Brats?

Absolutely. It's nice to have hot food on a cold trail run. We usually make a long stop at lunch, nice to have time to grill some food. Bring brats, you can throw them on my grill. =)

I'm going to try to catch up with Andy and get the club air tank so we'll have air for everybody. No guarantees though. I'll do my best.

Last edited:
Should an IFS 4Runner with 31's and a front truetrac be fine on this trail?

The trails are not much more than dirt roads unless there is snow so it really isn't a matter of flex or ground clearance. Unless we have a lot of snow which we don't. I haven't been up there recently but I think if we look hard we can find some places with snow. Tire condition is more important and if you have chains I would bring them, just in case. Hope this helps.

We had a pretty good turn out with 6 member rigs and 2 non member rigs. We had Luke in the 40, me in the LX, Sam in the 4Runner (his new one), Doug and his wife in their 40, Andy in his mini truck and Kyle in his Nissan, while his 40 awaits completion. Justin and Rodney were there in their 4runners. Not a lot of snow but it was a nice day except for the wind but we found a nice place to eat lunch out of the wind.

After lunch we ran into a bit more snow on some of the shady hills. Those proved a bit challenging for the non- Toyota vehicle. Yes, he had to be yanked up the hills two times. It was really the tires that were making it more challenging for him.

All in all the day was a good time and thanks to everyone for coming out. I didn't get any pictures, I left the camera at home but I hope others post pics. But I do need to try and post a short low quality cell phone video.

I'm thinking I would like to try up north next month where RisingSun does a snow run. If you're interested keep an eye out for a thread. If you know the route they run post up or I'll try to find out from them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom