Introducing "Fifty" our 2016 GX460! Time for a build! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Progress is being made!

Truck is getting fresh General Grabber ATXs and an alignment today. Should be able to pick it up tomorrow

7599893A-7614-4A8B-9397-BD4A1634E1E9.jpeg

5F70B6F1-F875-4E19-A57B-EBCFDBDB7324.jpeg

302169B8-80F5-431C-A575-0105AEBA20AE.jpeg

Truck is home!!!

Nick at Backwoods Overland rocked it! His attention to detail is unmatched. We noticed some rubbing and he spent another half hour massaging fenders. Theres more to iron out as I drive it (expected) but I couldnt be happier.

The ride is smooth, the tires are quiet. I can feel the added weight of the tires but not enough to complain about acceleration or handling. What a package!!!

E477B540-6911-42A8-A8E5-0E9AB1F3A74B.jpeg

96DC32CD-B48E-4F57-A819-046D66C3E9FC.jpeg

F152C933-90C6-4B02-B403-EC6F2A04CA9D.jpeg

DDD07BEC-AF8D-4731-8561-80E4923D3193.jpeg

Truck is home!!!

Nick at Backwoods Overland rocked it! His attention to detail is unmatched. We noticed some rubbing and he spent another half hour massaging fenders. Theres more to iron out as I drive it (expected) but I couldnt be happier.

The ride is smooth, the tires are quiet. I can feel the added weight of the tires but not enough to complain about acceleration or handling. What a package!!!

View attachment 2769491

View attachment 2769492

View attachment 2769493

View attachment 2769494She's getting there! Now you need to lose/replace the running boards and trim the bumpers!
Now you need to lose/replace the running boards and trim the bumpers!

Not sure about trimming the bumpers but the plan is to add Victory 4x4 Sliders/ Roof Rack and under body protection. Jury is still out on Victory vs CBI front bumper (and whether I "need" it or not).

Reactions: r2m
110K miles

Truck got some fresh service.

Hawk HPS Pads
Front and Rear diff service
Tranny flush
Balanced tires
Brake Flush
Spark plugs

A couple months back I replaced the water pump since it was weeping

Currently wiring up a SwitchPro setup with a SD Offroad Mount. Going to be running some lights and a dual ARB air compressor.

Misplaced my crawl control and multi terrain select modules but hoping to find them soon.
Have been really busy with work and family obligations but finally giving Fifty the attention he deserves.

Love the build! I am looking to do something very similar. Are you still liking the Dobinsons setup? Any squeaking or other issues from the UCAs?

Love the build! I am looking to do something very similar. Are you still liking the Dobinsons setup? Any squeaking or other issues from the UCAs?
Im still loving the setup. Currently at about 124,xxx miles and not a creak! Need to rebalance the tires but thats to be expected

Im still loving the setup. Currently at about 124,xxx miles and not a creak! Need to rebalance the tires but thats to be expected
Thank you. I was hesitant about doing UCAs since I am doing a small lift (2”) and had concerns. I think I will go ahead and replace them.

2.5” lift. Great package. Tire size makes some contact if I hit a dip while turning sometimes. Havent wheeled it too hard so hasnt been a big issue
My kit is getting installed tomorrow. Going with 2” which I think will be fine for my use case.

Thanks again for the thread. Will continue to follow 👍🏻

I've been quite but not inactive....

Truck is actually awaiting transport to Greece! We needed a summer car there since our 1997 Toyota Starlet 1.3 Primo is getting a little tight for my two sons as they are getting taller. Prado Diesel Land Cruisers are 30K Euro for a truck with 150K KM so I figured Fifty could retire for a couple of years and keep the miles low.

I've been Fiddling with it for the past two years ultimately getting it ready.

Victory 4x4 Roof Rack
Victory 4x4 Rear Side Molle Panels
Kaon Rear Trunk Shelf
Victory 4x4 Aluminum Skids
Switch Pros Controller
ARB Dual On Board Air Compressor
BeatSonic Apple Carplay
Magnaflow Stainless Overland Exhaust
Fresh Water Pump and all associated pullies and tensioners.
Spark Plugs

The list goes on as I remember LOL

I'm going to start driving my Wife's old 2017 LX570 and likely fiddling with that to make it more entertaining on the daily commute.

Will post pics when I can dig them out of my phone.

Forgot to mention that I added a Rigd Spare tire carrier for longer trips on the mainland and Fluid Film’d the undercarriage to keep corrosion at bay.

New pads/rotors and hardware were also installed.

IMG_4519.jpeg

IMG_4520.jpeg

IMG_4665.png

IMG_4747.jpeg

IMG_4824.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom