Introduce yourself... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
Intro thread...

Thought I'd stick this at the top where everyone could introduce themselves.

I'm Jason. Live about 1 hour west of STL in the sticks and own a modified 1994 80 series. Some of the Toyota 4WD's I've owned over the last 15 years:

1988 PU SR5 extended cab 22RE (favorite of them all)
1998 Taco reg cab 2.7
1991 FJ80
1985 BJ70 3B Diesel (CDN-Spec)
1994 FZJ80

135622072-M.jpg

Last edited:
Wash Mo Intro

My name is Joe, I live in Washington outside St. Louis. I have 1.5 kids and a great wife.

I originally went to the local Toy dealer in 96 to purchase a LC, however sticker shock got the best of me and I drove out of there in a 96 Limited Four Runner. I drove it for a few years, then got the propane injected, highly modified diesel bug. I drove the superduty until the transmission flew out and shot craps on the way to a fly in fishing trip to Canada.

Now I have the 96 which I originally was shopping for. Better late than never. What I like best about the LC is the fact that I don't see 42 of them everytime I run into St. L.

Picture 002.jpg

I like romantic walks in the woods with my wife, and kid. I am an avid enthusiast of the flora and fauna. I also am strictly a catch and release fisherman. I like taking photo's of wildlife also.

Just kidding, only walk through the woods following a blood trail or to clear shooting lanes. I'd rather be bouncing along in the LC. My camera stays in the truck to document the game. I eat what I catch, and am a firm beliver of safari loads in my 300 mag for that ultimate knock down power.

I like machine guns, cannons, and running cattle. Sometime if you'd like to come by during May, I'll be slinging tequiliarita's and baling hay or the 6415 or the 6420.

I don't have lockers, and also believe strongly in pressing the skinny pedal once in a while, whilst treading lightly of course.

I've also been a volunteer fireman in washington for 15 years and am a member of STAARS technical rescue task force.

My favorite saying is "better to remain silent and thought of as an idiot, then to open one's mouth and remove all doubt" and "you can't polish sh?t"

Picture 026.jpg
Picture 026.jpg
Picture 002.jpg

Last edited:
I'm Joe Carter. New to the 4-wheeling thing and have many other hobbies, so not a lot of time or $. Put a 2.5" lift on about a year ago, but that's it! Financials got away from us and payin off till August.

I live in Crestwood behind Helen Fitzgeralds or Smugala's Pizza, 5 minutes from 44 & 270.

I'd like to see the group do more work together on our rigs. If someone is planning on working on their rig, they should post it (email is better) to see if anyone wants to help.

Picture: I think the old people next door want to sell that camper. It's a Toyota truck. Been sitting there about 7 years. They play house in it, wierd! But no wierder then their neighbors.
lc.JPG

1. NAME:Bill Ernst

2. TLCA NUMBER:18254

3. LOCATION:Germantown, Il (30 miles east of St. Louis)

4. TOYOTA 4x4 VEHICLES:'84 mini truck

5. MODIFICATIONS:custom paint, dash mouted "OH $H!T" bar, fuel cell, Rochester 2bbl, flat bed, high clearance rear bumper, Lincoln locked rear end on 31's

6. WHEELING EXPERIENCE:started wheelin' in '07, have been to Hannible Rocks (Hannible, MO), The Cliffs Insain Terrain (Marseilles, IL) and The Badlands (Attica, IN) '08's first run was to Flat Nasty (Near Salem, MO)

Jack of all trades master of 1, auto body.

Last edited:
You forgot to add to #6

(flatnasty) almost :D

Ok. I'm introducing myself. I've owned and wheeled Toyotas for 15 years and I own several vehicles, Including 4 Toyotas.

My 89 Pickup, I bought in 1995 and used as a daily commuter for 5 years has morphed into its current state, but not for long. Stay tuned

100_0788.jpg

Here is my 1988 4Runner. Its in cherry condition but has the notorious bad headgasket 3.0 engine. Its a future project.

100_1760.jpg

Here is my 1999 4Runner SR5 Sport. I just got this last September. It had a bad motor but was super cheap and equipped with the factory diff lock, leather interior, sunroof, sport hood, etc. I put another engine in it and runs great now. I use it as a daily driver now that diesel fuel is so expensive. This is what it looks like now but I am accumulating parts to change the "pimp" look. I already have a set of Toyo 33" tires from wfd175 and will order the OME lift kit soon.

100_1758.jpg

Here is the look I'm going for.

armorologybumper2.jpg

That's all folks!

hmm......am I a member? If so........

My name is Ben, 23 and married(not kids though). I go to UMR(oops sorry, MO S&T), majoring in Architectural Engineering and going to also have a minor in Politcal Science. I live in on the outskirts of Rolla right North of I-44. I am a pretty easy going person that loves to hunt, gig, hunt some more, fish if the fish are biting, and I love watching football and playing it when I have time. Oh yeah, I also work at Arby's where my wife is the Assistant Manager so I can make some spare cash for this Cruiser addiction I have.

I own a 1985 FJ-60(came from Festus) and a 1986 FJ-60 that is currently topless(I got overly excited with a sawzall.) I have owned a 93 pickup and 91 4runner both of which have been passed on to new owners. My first truck was an 85 4runner that met its end due to an idiot running a stop sign. I am looking for a good but cheap FJ-40 to replace both 60's although I will still be keeping the topless one around to play with. I will be giving my dad the 85.

Anyway......not much of a wheeler since I don't always have the money to fix what I break. I can do small mechanic work.

Thats really it about me.

IM000564.jpg

06-14-07_1125.jpg

04-17-07_1851.jpg

lunyou

Hi,

I'm Brad Hubbard and I'm a student at Mizzou. I'm originally from Louisville, KY. I'm an Accounting major with a Spanish minor and I swim for the university.

I've got a 78 FJ40 that is my baby. I bought it in several pieces and drove most of it to Louisville in the back of a U-Haul - it hadn't been run in 5 years or street legal in 8. After a spring break week of 20 hour days trying to get it legal and licensed, I discovered that the T-Case was seized. I was lucky enough to track one down in KC when I got back to school. So I spent the last two weeks of May in the garage in Louisville getting it fixed up to bring up to Columbia. Then I made my decision, crossed my fingers and drove it 400 miles from Louisville to Columbia, stopping incrementally to adjust the timing :).

I just had a front driveshaft made for it so I'm getting ready to take it wheeling.

Here are a couple of pictures (I hope) - sorry they are so dark...

071107_08081.jpg

070807_20541.jpg
071107_08081.jpg
070807_20541.jpg

Nice FJ swimbrad! :cheers: Have you ever been to Potowatomi off road park in Fulton, MO?

Were going wheelin at a park and hour south of St. Louis Feb 17th if you want to make the trek out here.

I think I may end up goin both days Josh. The more hardcore group will be Sat the 16th. Sun the 17th will be mostly FJ80's because some of these guys can't make it the 16th.

I gotcha. Hopefully you'll be able to go both days and that way you get to see the park enough to lead the 80's around on Sunday.

Good One

Ok. I'm introducing myself. I've owned and wheeled Toyotas for 15 years and I own several vehicles, Including 4 Toyotas.

My 89 Pickup, I bought in 1995 and used as a daily commuter for 5 years has morphed into its current state, but not for long. Stay tuned

100_0788.jpg

Here is my 1988 4Runner. Its in cherry condition but has the notorious bad headgasket 3.0 engine. Its a future project.

100_1760.jpg

Here is my 1999 4Runner SR5 Sport. I just got this last September. It had a bad motor but was super cheap and equipped with the factory diff lock, leather interior, sunroof, sport hood, etc. I put another engine in it and runs great now. I use it as a daily driver now that diesel fuel is so expensive. This is what it looks like now but I am accumulating parts to change the "pimp" look. I already have a set of Toyo 33" tires from wfd175 and will order the OME lift kit soon.

100_1758.jpg

Here is the look I'm going for.

armorologybumper2.jpg

That's all folks!
I really like this truck ( pic #1 ), flexy as hell in action :clap: . In the bottom pic, is that the one at Southpoint? Al

Thanks Al. :clap: No its not from southpoint. Its a pic from a bumper fab company in Colorado called Armorology. www.armorology.com

If your not doing anything on the 17th of February we're going to Was hita off road park near Farmington. Stay tuned on the was hita thread for more specific info.

Hey there..

My name is Collier..Im buddies with Toyminator and jester Motorsports...I recognize a couple other names off the board as well....

I live in south city, saint louis.......

Hope to meet some of u guys soon!

heres a pic at flat nasty

DTBandFriends106.jpg

new to the game

I just bought a 97 40th 152,000. I have wanted one forever.
I can remember going by Lou Fusz and dreaming of a Cruiser
and driving home with 1991 pickup, then a 1994 4runner and then
1999 tacoma. Anyway I will not be gettin to crazy in it or with it
yet. I would like to meet somebody who could take a look at the front axles and give the truck the once over for me. I live in
Ballwin but I have lived all over the city.
thanx george

Hello from St.Charles/St.Louis. I am the proud owner of a 97 CE. I am a Toyota owner from the beginning, but had no idea what I was missing out on driving the 4x4 pickups. I want to thank each and every person on here for the input. I got sick of drooling over everyones pics so I installed my lift and tires this week:flipoff2:

Thanks again to everyone and their info...unfortunately I dont hate mud though!! :flipoff2::flipoff2: LMAO

Thanks guys http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44160312m48bbe46e/bc/FJ80/fj80+001.jpg?bfYs5wHB.NRKoS4. http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44160312m48bbe46e/bc/FJ80/fj80+002.jpg?bfQ35wHB7QAI8qY6 http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44160312m48bbe46e/bc/FJ80/fj80+004.jpg?bfQ35wHB.xDj8UZ9 http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44160312m48bbe46e/bc/FJ80/fj80+003.jpg?bfQ35wHBSi1cZ15C

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom