Interested in Vancouver -> Baja spring 2017? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So I assume you will drive CA99 to I5 to Mexico right? Mexico 1 and 1D (toll road) runs from Tijuana all the way to Los Cabos at the end of the peninsula; are you planning to go all the way to Los Cabos? You will love the trip; I did Los Angeles to Los Cabos in September 2013 and I loved being on the road for 3 weeks!

Cross at TJ, drive down to Ensenada for a day or so, go see the Vino and eat some amazing Baja Mx, try the seafood taco stands on the waterfront, Hang out, great vibe in town, amazing food, Some great beach time South of Town, head south, Do a day to Punta San Carlos, surf, bike or whatever, amazing place to crash, look up Solo Sports for a spot or just camp on the bluffs, Next head to San Ignacio easy days drive, or break off for Bay of LA and some Sea of Cortez time, One way or the other, San Ignacio is a great stop, you have two options from there, South on the Pacific Coast or South on the Sea of Cortez, Scorpion Bay on the Pacific, you might just stop there and hang out for a week, I would, East i would go to Mulege or Loreto, and just hang for a while, Probably the best of Baja...........2 sided beach South of Mulege is one of my favorite places on earth.

This is the exact trip I want to do, Ensenada then east and down to Loreto and Mulege! It will happen sppmer than later, It'd be better with another rig, not sure if this coming spring is in the cards... thinking now! I'm in Wa, I've driven 101 North to South as well? Hmmm...

I've tentatively pushed back the trip to Oct-Nov of 2017. I decided that the gas costs (~$2000 for me) of the trip would be too much for only two weeks spent in Baja, and that I'll be aiming to take 6-8 weeks in the autumn of next year for this trip, to really get my money's worth, so to speak.

I'm still planning a trip for this spring, but not quite that far. Current plan is 3-4 weeks to get to/around Death Valley, and perhaps explore more of the "4 corners" area. Probably in March. Company is welcome!

Sounds awesome! That's much more workable for me! Even the shorter trip in the spring! I'm pretty set up for long travel; Rtt, fridge, extra fuel, etc. It'd be great to have a travel partner that's like minded

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom