0210's Taco (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cool dog platform, I was considering the same thing for my tundra and just wasn't sure about how to make it. Looks like you left the seat back and removed the bottom? and then added a piece to barricade the dog from the front seats. After seeing yours I'm going to do something very similar but I'd like to possibly incorporate some storage underneath the floor.

well my dog is very interested in what is going on, so she is constantly standing up looking out the windows, therefore drooling all over the center console. I'm thinking if I build it slightly higher, requiring a higher jump for the dog, would provide better storage as well as a better view for the dog perhaps allowing her to lay down and be able to check s*** out with out getting in our faces. I will be doing this sooner than later and will post my results, I think I will build some drawer underneath perhaps, but with the irregular shape it may be better the way you did it.

If your buying new why not the off road not the sport? Factory Locker over limited slip seems like a better option. Just curious.

Lovely rig, very thoughtful build......and all trucks need a dog or two.

Should you wish a replacement for the rear diff with an elocker, give me a shout. :)

Thanks!H

Funny you should mention the diff - there was thread on TacomaWorld today where folks were discussing swapping a diff + elocker from the OffRoad model into a Limited. Did you take it out of a '16 TRD Off Road, or is it from somewhere else?

I don't really have a need for a locker - none of the stuff I do (or am interested in doing) is crazy enough to require that. But I'll keep this in mind for the future.
Sorry I was being obtuse..... The elocker option I raised is a product that my firm imports from Australia - the Harrop Eaton ELockerTM. That is a Harrop customized version of the Eaton four pinion design with a ring electromagnet as the actuator - unlike OEM Toyota and air lockersnot. I understand the process of swapping a breaker yard OEM unit, but Harrops are (IMHO) a superior design - fewer parts, no external bits, etc.

Not as cheap as a take-out, but an easy install and very reliable/durable. I am a little biased :) but my partner and I have/had three Harrops between us and I am waiting on a new model for the back of my 02 Tacoma.

Happy to tell more - our vendor thread is here https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/harrop-eaton-elockertm-yotalockers-com-info-installation.849313

And a good intro video here

0210 - turn your MagLite around in its clips. With the head forward hard braking or an accident and it will slide right out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom