If you have 4 floor jacks… (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Why would you not use them?

98938B56-0594-4358-A41D-75EC6516E618.jpeg

I'd be concerned too that the front jacks pull the car off the rear or vice versa

A dude came into the ER by way of helicopter when I was working yesterday. He was working under a semi truck on a jack and no jackstands.....

He was lucky when the truck came down the axle pinned his right shoulder and chest. Luckily his coworkers got him out right after he turned blue and passed out. I guess he revived quickly after they got him out.

Please use jack stands 🤣 🤣

A common way for some tire chains to change tires. They never go underneath the vehicle, and the one I use does torque the lug nuts. They also request that you to come back after 100 miles for a retorque but I check the torque myself.

Discount tire in my town uses this method for tire swapping when they can't put vehicles on their inground lift system. Totally safe for this type of work, but not for other types of work as we all know.

Someone I know got crushed under his RV even with a jack stand, from what I've heard third hand. What a terrible way to go and a terrible loss for the family.

A dude came into the ER by way of helicopter when I was working yesterday. He was working under a semi truck on a jack and no jackstands.....

He was lucky when the truck came down the axle pinned his right shoulder and chest. Luckily his coworkers got him out right after he turned blue and passed out. I guess he revived quickly after they got him out.

Please use jack stands 🤣 🤣
You're telling me I can get a helicopter ride if I don't use jack stands? Sign me the F up.

Around here, they use two up front and one in the rear, or the other way around. Makes me cringe. Also, no torque wrench, just hammer it on. 🙄

Looks pretty normal for a tire shop. If I were rotating tires at home it would look about the same but only one side at a time (more stable). I'm not going underneath for anything without jack stands, even a loose socket.

As for the torque part its pretty easy to zip the lugs down with an impact wrench (not full torque), lower the jack until the tire touches the ground (not full weight, just enough to not spin), and finish the job with a torque wrench. Drive to the store to pick up a 6 pack, and then double check the torque of all lug nuts when you get home before putting away the wrench.

Looks pretty normal for a tire shop. If I were rotating tires at home it would look about the same but only one side at a time (more stable). I'm not going underneath for anything without jack stands, even a loose socket.

As for the torque part its pretty easy to zip the lugs down with an impact wrench (not full torque), lower the jack until the tire touches the ground (not full weight, just enough to not spin), and finish the job with a torque wrench. Drive to the store to pick up a 6 pack, and then double check the torque of all lug nuts when you get home before putting away the wrench.
Personally I start with the 6 pack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom