I'd rather have a....PX10?? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tonkota said:
I was looking through the SOR catalog last night, and they have some nice pictures in there. I really liked that PX10. I'd much rather have that than the FJ Cruiser, but that's just me.

Were there many PX10's made? Is it just me that thinks they look good?

Oh no! I love the PX10. Not too many of them though.....and not any in the states :frown:
640x479-l000000003800011.jpg

Very few made...500 or so...Specter's PX-10[on display at SOR] is RHD...the one in the photo looks maybe as if it's LHD, based on the mirror arrangement.

I would....too? %$#@^

Pluton said:
Very few made...500 or so...Specter's PX-10[on display at SOR] is RHD...the one in the photo looks maybe as if it's LHD, based on the mirror arrangement.

I would say those mirrors indicate RHD. Why would you have the convex mirror on the driver side?

Pluton said:
the way the windshield wipers swipe, it's obviously RHD

Last edited:
Chef BoyarDEE said:
the way the windshield wipers swipe, it's obviously LHD
I agree.

Why doesn't Toyota build these? It would compete directly with the wrangler and is much better looking with a real following. If they could build and sell them for around 18-20k they would sell as fast as they get into the dealership. I'm sure everyone else has been thinking this for years....

Hangtowncruzr said:
Why doesn't Toyota build these? It would compete directly with the wrangler and is much better looking with a real following. If they could build and sell them for around 18-20k they would sell as fast as they get into the dealership. I'm sure everyone else has been thinking this for years....
I keep asking myself the same question. Why won't they? Makes too much sense? Jeeps paying them off not to produce one? Political pressure? Just imagine having a PX10 with removal top option, coils all the way around, lockers, abundance supply of aftermarkets and etc... :mad:

Buy a bj70 and make one.. I don't think it would be all that hard. Stretch and widen a 40 front end to fit. The rear glass might be a tad tougher but perssonally i'd leave the sliding windows and add the rear reflector, license plate assembly and a rear bumper with 40 lights and bumperettes. wala a px10

That thing is cool!

FJ809496TLC said:
I keep asking myself the same question. Why won't they? Makes too much sense? Jeeps paying them off not to produce one? Political pressure? Just imagine having a PX10 with removal top option, coils all the way around, lockers, abundance supply of aftermarkets and etc... :mad:

I would bet we have the US safety guidlines for automobiles to thank. Crash testing is everything including all the air bags. I would be willing to bet it is like remodeling an existing building, normally costs more than building new...same thing here. Easier and cheaper to design and create new for the US market than adapt for the restrictions. They also have to look down the line and see what the regs will be in 5 year...even 10 years to make sure they can still provide the relativly same product.

Freakin' regulations... gosh!

FineWynsFJ40 said:
Freakin' regulations... gosh!

LOL yes yes yes....also I would dare say that if the FJ looked more like the PX10...certain people would bitch that it looks too much like the Jeep Liberty. Some people are never happy... :rolleyes:

TX_TLC said:
LOL yes yes yes....also I would dare say that if the FJ looked more like the PX10...certain people would bitch that it looks too much like the Jeep Liberty. Some people are never happy... :rolleyes:

I would have to concur sir...... :flipoff2:

PX10's weren't built by Toyota, they were built, on commission by Toyota, by a coachworks that makes short runs of limited edition Land Cruiser versions, as well as other Toyota models. All were RHD, the production numbers were very small, and from what I've heard, they didn't sell very well, hence its discontinuation. AFAIK Marv Specter's is the only one in NA and one of the few outside of Japan.

70 series is a world-platform, Toyota makes one vehicle base for the whole world, with market-specific tweaks. It was never designed for the US market, and the vehicle would have to be completely redesigned to match US market specs and regulations. Why doesn't Toyota do that? Because then it would have a wimpified vehicle that wouldn't match the needs/demands of the other 110+ countries where the vehicle is sold. They probably crunched numbers and decided it wasn't worth it, let Jeep have the (relatively insignificant) Wrangler market, Toyota is obliterating the big Three in most other segments anyway.

This has to be one of the most over-discussed topics, shows that we're a bunch of passionate Cruiserheads. But Toyota doesn't cater to us, it caters to the mainstream. At the end of the day, if Toyota brought in a batch of 10,000 LHD HZJ70's into the US and sold them for $35,000, it would take a LONG time to sell them all. In fact, I bet you they couldn't. not in 12 months. Sure, a lot of people here and on several other forums would be queuing up, money in hand, but the mainstream would take on look at the boxy, hard-riding, non-cupholder-having sumbitches and would really wonder what Toyota was thinking....

I bet if Toyota brought some NEW 70's in it would throw you in to turmoil... :eek:

I'd buck up that kinda cash. I'd bet they sell 10k units. Just as you said they have platform and as long as they redid the interior and add some more creature comfots like cup holders galore and a kickin stereo it sell. THe d90 sold well and the g-wagons sell good too. Both are base tough vehicles with some modern american comforts. JMHO

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom