I can’t find door seals that fit my ‘85 pickup! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Don’t bother reading this rambling post.

I think I swapped the Right and Left seals and installed them in the wrong doors.

Thanks gnob!

I’ve got a USA spec ‘85 SR5 4x4 originally equipped with the 22RE.

My question is if there was another generation of truck/hilux with the same size/style of door as my truck, that used thinner seals, or a body/door seal combo… I can’t find the right part!

Backstory:
I tried to replaced my old/rotten door seals with the part number from toyodiy.com about 18 months ago. Although they seemed to fit my door perfectly, when shutting the door I got a hard metal clunk. This lack of sealing was accompanied by wind noise at highway speeds, and if you get the angle just right, you can see daylight through the B pillar door jam.

On closer inspection the originals were much thicker than my OEM replacements. Completely disgusted with how much money I’d wasted, I threw out the old ones and just drove it, until last week.

Now, those issues aren’t really a deal breaker, until the weather turns cold.

Last week I ordered a cheep eBay set that supposedly fit an ‘85. Unfortunately they’re built exactly like my leaky OEM replacements.

I’ll get a photo of the beefy original seals the next time I’m around another truck.

For now here’s a photo of the top corner of my OEM replacements. There’s substantially more rubber on the originals, I remember that much.

Here’s the link to the eBay item I’ll be returning
1984-1988 Toyota pickup truck & 4Runner new front door weatherstrip seals, pair | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/itm/331488510063

IMG_4916.jpeg

IMG_4918.jpeg

Last edited:
not sure whats up.
the rubber goes on the door not the truck.
here is my old next to new oe.
and new part numbers

20231121_184425.jpg

20231121_184429.jpg

20231121_184434.jpg

20231121_184445.jpg

Can’t tell what the actual ask is… so just going with the wind noise complaint. Are you sure the door isn’t bent? Very easy to have the window frame over time…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom