HOW TO : Step by Step on rebuilding Swivel Hubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great write up, I read the rest at the link concerning assembly.
You stated the shim stack was 2.9mm and you sort the stack 2/3 top 1/3 bottom and that 2.9 was not enough to worry about, I was wondering how you came to that conclusion and if the shim stack was greater than your concern (what number would concern you) how do you shim the bearings, what tool or guide do you use?

Jim

Hi SteelArt, Many thanks for a great write-up. I'm checking excess king-pin bearing play on my 1994 Prado, 4 ins lift, LockRite rear diff.
Cheers,
Prado Pete, New Zealand.

Hi how are, im on your thread about hub rebuild and im doing the same as you but some one has taken the shims out of mine , 1hzj80 1994 cruiser,
In the ACTION FORUM, Im peter92, theres no pics on there and would love your help on the shims, how do I do it and any info you can help me on
Ive been chasing a problem with mine for 2 yrs and have taken it to so many people that now ive replaced every thing on the front including a new diff housing from japan
email possum.58@hotmail.com i dont want to stuff it up so how do i figure out how many shims go on the top and bottom
Regards Peter

Hi mate I recently rebuilt an 1994 80 series swivel hub and there were no shims in it and I know for a fact that it came new from Toyota like that it's a one owner vehicle and has never been touched

Peter
I purchased SteelArt's truck and he hasn't been on the forum too much since. I suggest you check the 60 series forum or 80 series forum if your truck has 80 axles.
Good luck!
Peter

Just in the process of rebuilding my swivel hubs but cant see any of these pics. Anyone got any idea why??

Hi ken pics don't work at all comes up with error 404 not found for image

Maybe they have been removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom