How many different versions of Landcruiser 1 barrel carbs are/were there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
And what were the dates for each version?
What year did Toyota first add the valve solenoid to the 1 barrel carb?

I know this won't help you, but I've seen quite a few Australian made Bendix/Stromberg single barrel carbs here that all came off of Land Cruisers. My 1964 era F135 still has one on it. I don't know if the locally available Cruisers came with Strombergs or if these are all replacements--I've got a handful of old Strombergs, but haven't seen any other carb around here that would fit the old single barrel manifolds, which is strange, because the shop where I work is good at accumulating junk like that.

You can figure that one out by looking at all the pictures of the different carbs on Spector off Road web site.

You can figure that one out by looking at all the pictures of the different carbs on Spector off Road web site.
SOR only shows the one '69 one barrel; there were several more prior to that.

This is way too much to type on a iPhone!
1. Large window, standard metering rod.
2. Large window, reverse taper metering rod
3. Medium window, reverse taper rod
4. Med window, power valve, non solenoid
5, med window, power valve, solenoid
6&7 are OE replacements for 4&5 with the small window common to the 1970 and newer.

If peeps want to post which version they have, along with their vehicle production date, you can have fun with sorting that out.

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom