Hood front rubber seal (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Currently replacing 20 yo rubber that has turned to brittle plastic or has gone missing.

Useful thread.

Ain't too proud to admit, finally figured out they're installed backwards! They don't come off easy. One of the plastic tabs cracked. Ordered a new set.

Update: ok I think I finally got it right lol smh

F1B98DBE-2692-4C4F-805E-1A6EC6800D43.jpeg

Last edited:
I just replaced my '93 FZJ hood due to some damage. I used a hood from what I believe was a '92 FJ80. Once back from paint, when I went to reinstall the headlight seals, I was disappointed to find the correct mounting holes are missing. Only the center hood seal holes are present. Did the eyebrow seals not exist on early hoods?

IMG_2880.HEIC.jpeg

Maybe he will figure it out when he overheats?? :worms:
*BUMP*

Good afternoon mud :flipoff2:

In Reading This thread I'm seeing two orientations for the hood to headlight seal.

Looking for someone to verify what the correct orientation is, for me and the next person.

Full disclosure, I open both packages before realizing they were directional...... I know I know....... One has a red dot is that driver or is that passenger? :hillbilly:

If I was a betting man, I would bet @LandCruiserPhil has the correct orientation.

Thanks

Screenshot_20220205-143240.png

Screenshot_20220205-142947.png

The bottom picture is correct.
Awesome thanks🍻

The red dot is passenger side. These have to be at least 10 bolt on horse power 🤣🍻

Screenshot_20220205-152701.png

Screenshot_20220205-202321.png

Last edited:
Hi colleagues. All I need is the clips, and I am not having luck finding them since the apparently come with the seals. Part # 90467-08011 is mentioned at the beginning of this thread, but Toyota says it doesn't belong to my 95 TLC. Help!

Hi colleagues. All I need is the clips, and I am not having luck finding them since the apparently come with the seals. Part # 90467-08011 is mentioned at the beginning of this thread, but Toyota says it doesn't belong to my 95 TLC. Help!
clips for which seal? the headlights or the radiator? if the center radiator piece, i can confirm that part # works to secure it on a '95.

i don't have the headlight seals on my truck as i didn't realize i was missing them! sounds like they come w/ clips, so maybe not able to source individually?

For the headlight seals. I'll just order them to see if they work, m they are cheap enough to run the risk ;)

What are you all using for foam between the radiator and core support? I have two layers of this stuff stuck in there but I'm open to other/better options. @LandCruiserPhil I have a feeling you have the right stuff in your gap...

1695398826660.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom