Is this correct for a front main seal? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was replacing the front main seal or front crankshaft seal this evening. It was a tight fit and I don't feel like I could tap it back any further than this. However, I am second guessing that it is in place as good as it should be. The picture is not great but you can see how deep the seal was placed in the lower left corner of this pic that was originally for the oil pump.

tempImagehCSsf5.jpg

Thanks in advance.

SC

The face of the seal is below the surrounding surface. Why do you want it deeper and why do you think it can/should be deeper. So long as it is straight... and it looks like it is... It's good.

Mark...

The face of the seal is below the surrounding surface. Why do you want it deeper and why do you think it can/should be deeper. So long as it is straight... and it looks like it is... It's good.

Mark...
I've just never replaced one on an 80 series before and wanted to make sure. I don't want it deeper necessarily, just correct. I was able to look at a couple that were placed and I agree it does look like it is in good position. I appreciate the quick reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom