Hj47 4 door project... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Winning Bryce! Jealous of the extra escape hatches!

Engine cleaning day.
IMG_0823.JPG
IMG_0825.JPG
IMG_0826.JPG
IMG_0824.JPG

Thanks for posting the detailed pictures, mate! :beer: Please keep 'em coming!

I also have a question, do you know what the function of this bracket, one on each side of the block? I'm guessing it bolts the block to the bottom of the bell-housing? Thanks!

IMG_0825%20-%20Copy_zpsqotgazin.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the detailed pictures, mate! :beer: Please keep 'em coming!

I also have a question, do you know what the function of this bracket, one on each side of the block? I'm guessing it bolts the block to the bottom of the bell-housing? Thanks!

IMG_0825%20-%20Copy_zpsqotgazin.jpg
Hi mate hanks for the compliments, yeah as you suggested they bolt to bottom of the bellhousing, most probably have to get them off to get the sumo off

yeah mate both in let and out let on same side for the hj diesels on the 40s as far as I know, petrol 2f top is on the right I can grab a pic of my brand new one to go in if you like

:beer:

Nice clean engine. Is the beer:beer: in the first pic what you used to clean the engine with? I heard Aussie beer was pretty strong. I'll have to get some.:)
It would seem like it but I used a severely high strength degreaser! The beer did help the process though that's for sure

Great truck. Keep the photos coming. I heard that the sumps are prone to a bit of a rust from mud collecting the sump and the bash plate and this can account for a some unexplained oil leaks.
I'm not too sure where the leaks are coming from, there what looks to be some up top but hasn't been taken care of properly and just leaked down, the sump will get a re seal and a few others replaced and see how we go

G'day Chookenz,

The bracket on the passenger side of the engine block doesn't do much on an HJ47. it was originally used to help secure the exhaust pipe. But the P.O. had fitted headers, so it did nothing. I will try and get you a pic of mine.

To clean my gearbox I used oven cleaner and a couple of dishwashing brushes. Worked pretty well.

Cheers,

Ben

x 2 on the exhaust bracket. There's a piece of flat bar shaped into a U that slips under a collar that goes around the pipe.

Looks good Bryce!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom